simmental bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

who is the best simmental club calf bull and why do you think so. I am new to this and need to get my heifer breed but don't know what all the numbers mean and who is the best.thanks....

[email protected]

The "best bull" depends on what you are looking for and what you need. Try to pick the faults in your heifer and choose a bull that excels in those areas. The numbers are fairly easy, Calving ease - the higher and more + the number the easier it will be for the cow to calve out Birth weight - the larger and more negative the number the smaller the calf will be at birth Weaning and Yearling weights - The higher and more + the number the more the calf will weigh Maternal traits deal with the bulls daughters, higher and + are what you are looking for EPDs are a tool, an educated guess, they aren't always right. We use black and red simmy bulls on our cows. WLE OVERLOAD is good for EPDS across the board, a lot of breeders are looking at JOKER. Good luck!

who is the best simmental club
> calf bull and why do you think so.
> I am new to this and need to get
> my heifer breed but don't know
> what all the numbers mean and who
> is the best.thanks....

[email protected]

When you mention Simmental Clubbie Bulls, Meyer 734 comes right to mind. However, he sometimes throws alot of white and is horned. We have a bull that works extremely well on percentage Angus cattle, and he is homozygous polled and homozygous black. Email me if you are interested.

[email protected]

Latest posts