Simmental Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

I actually took one to a show and was told by the judge that she was not feminine, she was massive, but would make a great brood cow!
However, he loved our Macho Heifer and she was grand champion simmental. So what do you do!!?!
brandywine - Being a "Newby" on the board (which, by the way, WELCOME! I predict you will be an asset!), you are not aware of the opinion I have of Shows and Show Judges! Your example here proves my premise that most Judges don't know what they are looking at or why!.. In answer to your question as to "What do you do?" - I would suggest that you educate yourself as to what the MARKET is concerned with for the enhancement of your BU$INE$$, sharpen your perceptive skills as to what the Phenotype and Genotype is to satisfy THAT market and concentrate on breeding beef cattle as close to that template as possible! And - - -pay little attention to what "Show" judges consider a quality "Beef Breeding" animal!

"Show" cattle have little in common with breeding BEEF seedstock.

DOC HARRIS

Brandywine,

We are also in NE Kentucky and have a herd of registered Simmental and registered SimAngus cattle. We have purchased quite a few at the Kentucky Beef Expo. I certainly like the looks of your cattle. We have found that the Simmental breed works well in our operation but have had difficulty locating red Simmental. We have some red Simmental but would actually like to go all red at some point in the future. Are you located near Ashland and do you have any red Simmental for sale? Once again, complements on your cattle!

Thanks,

Ray and Kathy

Ray and Kathy,
We currently dont have any reds for sale. I will send a pic of the red heifer we showed this past season. We mainly shoot for blacks, so the reds we do have we always breed to a homozygous black. Sometimes we come out with a few reds.
Are you in Ashland, or just close? We are in the Maysville area.

Brandi - we plan on being at the Sweepstakes. Our daughter & grandsons will also be there. We are generally housed right outside Jaime S.'s office, next to our grandsons. We will have all Macho offspring.

Latest posts