Simmental Bull EPD's Pictures added 5-4-09

Help Support CattleToday:

Snider_Angus

Reaction score
I just purchased a bull on thursday and i was wondering what anyone though by looking at his epd's

CE Brth Wean Year MCE Milk MWW Stay CW YG Marb BF REA Shr API TI
EPD 10.1 0.5 31.0 54.1 6.5 5.7 21.2 21.6 -4.7 -0.04 0.25 0.01 0.14 119.0 65.0
ACC 0.11 0.34 0.28 0.15 0.08 0.12 0.13 0.06 0.16 0.16 0.09 0.09 0.09

He is the most difficult bull to take pictures of he is so tame that he follows you around and you cant ever get a side view unless you chase him away from you. He isnt agressive by any means he's just curious. i know someone is gonna tell me to be carefull around him and dont pet him.... I KNOW not to sound cocky but "this Aint my first Rodeo"
Bull001.jpg

Bull002.jpg

Bull007.jpg

Bull006.jpg

Alright i couldnt resist posting these babies!
Bull013.jpg

babie on the left is less than a day old and already with the big boys ^
Bull009.jpg

headin for the gate^
Bull011.jpg

Bull008.jpg

he is WS Rear Admiral out of a SS Goldmine Cow. PM me and i will send you his reg. number if you want to take a look.

I wish i had one he is pretty scraggely right now from getting freeze branded and ultrasounded, in a few weeks he should be slicked down and i will get a few then.
This is his Sire
2picb26208.jpg

Jeanne - Simme Valley":3r1ciy45 said:
Numbers are very good. Did you buy him thru a sale or private treaty?
I bought him from the Willis family down at Marietta through Private Treaty. I went down with a truck load of guys and we all were looking for something different.

twistedxranch":3r1ciy45 said:
Snider_Angus":3r1ciy45 said:
I just purchased a bull on thursday and i was wondering what anyone though by looking at his epd's

CE Brth Wean Year MCE Milk MWW Stay CW YG Marb BF REA Shr API TI
EPD 10.1 0.5 31.0 54.1 6.5 5.7 21.2 21.6 -4.7 -0.04 0.25 0.01 0.14 119.0 65.0
ACC 0.11 0.34 0.28 0.15 0.08 0.12 0.13 0.06 0.16 0.16 0.09 0.09 0.09

I would assume that with the low accuracies he is a yearling bull?
He is still a yearling and i dont think he bred any cows at his previous owners farm he is already breeding for us. Dumped him on at the Vet to get tested on friday morning and was breeding cows before sundown.

Nope
Jeanne - Simme Valley":2vkbod44 said:
Looks good. Good feet & legs, super clean throated for a Simmental. Calves really look good. Are they by a PB Simmental also?
Calves are PB Angus. New daddy will give us some half bloods.

Snider_Angus":1o0nvf2j said:
Nope
Jeanne - Simme Valley":1o0nvf2j said:
Looks good. Good feet & legs, super clean throated for a Simmental. Calves really look good. Are they by a PB Simmental also?

Actually they would be more than 50 % Angus depending on how much Angus is in your new bull.

Jovid":318iu6t1 said:
Snider_Angus":318iu6t1 said:
Nope
Jeanne - Simme Valley":318iu6t1 said:

Actually they would be more than 50 % Angus depending on how much Angus is in your new bull.
daddy is ALMOST 100% simmental his papers say PB FULL BLOOD

Calves are PB Angus. New daddy will give us some half bloods.[/quote]

Actually they would be more than 50 % Angus depending on how much Angus is in your new bull.[/quote] daddy is ALMOST 100% simmental his papers say PB FULL BLOOD[/quote]

So you don't know what % Angus he is.

Snider_Angus":2a53rxqh said:
He is 100% simmental 0 % anything else

He is black so he can't be 100% Simmental. So that means he has to be a % of something else ( assumed Angus ) that made him black.

100% Simmental are gold and white or red and white not black.

Maybe so. but the calves out of him and an angus cows are 50% Sim 50% Angus around our place and anywhere else around here.

He's just trying to get your goat, anyone whose breed hasn't seen the light ;-) Like to make fun of all the breeds that have.

The black Mains, Simis and Chi still have their breed characteristics just not the color, sure makes it easy to get a Continental and Angus cross that looks uniform doesn't it.

VCC":1costtqx said:
He's just trying to get your goat, anyone whose breed hasn't seen the light ;-) Like to make fun of all the breeds that have.

The black Mains, Simis and Chi still have their breed characteristics just not the color, sure makes it easy to get a Continental and Angus cross that looks uniform doesn't it.

So are you saying all breeds should be black?

So the the other breeds went black to be uniform?

Latest posts