Simmental and SimAngus Pics

Help Support CattleToday:

capparelli

Reaction score
14 year old Simmental cow from Circle B Dispersal, due to calve in September with embryo transfer calve out of Sand Ranch Hand and SVF Sheza Glory
meandkaylee019.jpg

2 yr old herd bull out of SS Goldmine
meandkaylee023.jpg

SimAngus bull calf out of above bull and a Bon View New Design 878 daughter, almost 2 months old.
meandkaylee025.jpg

6 month old SimAngus bull calf sired by Simme Valley Macho As U and Angus cow from Pineridge Angus in Omega, Ga.
meandkaylee018.jpg

meandkaylee022.jpg

Mother of Macho Calve:
meandkaylee031.jpg

Jeanne - Simme Valley":251e4yhz said:
aussie_cowgirl":251e4yhz said:
Love that macho as u calf
:heart: Thank you very much (proud Grandma! so to speak!)
Is that the bull calf you were thinking about keeping as a bull replacement? Looks really good. Oh - yes - I'm predjudice!

Thanks for all the comments. Yes, that is him. I wish I could have gotten a better picture. He stood out from the rest of the calves when he was born and still does. I'm still wanting a Macho As u daugther, but haven't had one yet.

capparelli":3pkcen2w said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":3pkcen2w said:
aussie_cowgirl":3pkcen2w said:
Is that the bull calf you were thinking about keeping as a bull replacement? Looks really good. Oh - yes - I'm predjudice!

Thanks for all the comments. Yes, that is him. I wish I could have gotten a better picture. He stood out from the rest of the calves when he was born and still does. I'm still wanting a Macho As u daugther, but haven't had one yet.
I've got several! :banana: They sure make great COWS.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1a519cni said:
aussie_cowgirl":1a519cni said:
Haha, I had a feeling you would come along. He really is nice. Stands out definitely. It's fantastic to see yeah? :clap:

It's really a shame we didn't have the big bucks to promote him properly. We generally AI about 25% of our cows to Macho As U (my avatar), and the rest AI'd to top national bulls. Consistantly, his offspring are our best. They may not have "the" biggest butt - or "the" cleanest front - or "the" longest spine --- but they are the most COMPLETE cattle we raise - consistantly! He is deceased now - died in his sleep last year - but we still have a good bank of semen. We have topped steer carcass tests, bull tests, shows & sales - that tells it all.
So, capparelli, thanks for trying him out - and sharing!

Jeanne,
Sorry to hear about Macho's passing. I bet you were sad. I've always wondered the average lifespan of a bull.

Actually, he wasn't very old - 7 yrs. He was at "partners" place. He had 5 cows he sincronized and was in heat "across the fence" and Macho & some yearlings were tearing up the dirt & bellowing all day long. Next morning, Jay found him curled up like he was sleeping, but he was dead. Poor Jay had to dig a really big hole. I was glad I wasn't there. He wasn't just awesome to look at, he was really a great personality. Of course, never having a bull around before, we totally enjoyed the sight & sounds. :heart: We are presently using a 2-year old son - gets pulled tomorrow. Kinda nice putting a bull out for 3 weeks. We used him last year - same way - 3 weeks cleanup. Got 4 really nice calves.

Latest posts