Simm-Angus ...

Help Support CattleToday:

Cuz-Pat

Reaction score
I bought a new cow/calf pair today. The cow is a 3 year old Simm-Angus (1/4 Simmental, 3/4 Angus) and has a steer calf that was born on October 25, 2006 by her side. He is sired by a real good registered Angus bull. She is already bred back to the same Angus bull and has passed her next cycle without coming back in. So, looks like I got a 3 in 1 deal.The cow is a very good looking cow, real nice, clean udder, perfect teats. Good and docile too. This is her 2nd calf. Hope to raise many more calves from her. Also, am getting some real nice calves out of the Gar Expectation bull I bought last year. So far, everything has been bull calves, not the first heifer!

Got the new cow & calf in the catch pen until tomorrow, when I get home from church I'm gonna turn her out with the other cows and my bull.

She is just a commercial cow but has all documentation, up to date on all vaccines and worming. I changed the ear tags in both the cow and calf today and implanted the calf. I think they'll fit in my program well.

Latest posts