Simental bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

JR Cattle Co.

Reaction score
Which Simmental bulls do you think produce the best females and why? I know this question is very vague, but I would like everyone's opinions.
Thanks

We AI to top Simmental sires each year. 2008 calves by Trademark, 3C Macho, Ranch Hand, Perfector, Beef Maker, Red Caesar, Rezult, and our bull Simme Valley Macho As U.
Consistantly, our Macho calves have been the best, and grow into our best dams. They are big hipped, big footed, big ribbed, structurally correct, spit out a calf & have a picture perfect udder to raise a great calf.
Over the years, you can count on 600U, Power Drive, Power Stroke, and of course the all time current favorite Dream On.
These are 2-year old Macho As U daughters
Simmental_cowcalf.jpeg

SS_Sale_6S_-_1_pix.jpg

SS_Sale_3S_1_pix.jpg

Some that I like are.
Mo Better
Mo Town
GCF Aces of Fortune
Triple C Majic Man
Trademark
Amazon
Sure Bet

These are just a few that I use. Notice that there is no dream on. I also am in love with our herdsire, a Mo Town x SS Miss Break K-2(Perfection)

Its such a shame that good cattle like these,don't show the attributes that the traditional breed that they are developed from.
There is absolutely nothing to show to me that they are Simmental. I always thought that black Simmental were to have a white face. Any blacks that I have seen in Australia have all had white faces.

Understandable. 4 of the bulls I've listed on the AI sire list are baldies and our herdsire is a baldy. Nearly every heifer we have in our showstring is a baldy as well...it is something we try to add in when making breeding decisions. We don't make it a have to but it is preferred.

Australian":1i2w89qr said:
Its such a shame that good cattle like these,don't show the attributes that the traditional breed that they are developed from.
There is absolutely nothing to show to me that they are Simmental. I always thought that black Simmental were to have a white face. Any blacks that I have seen in Australia have all had white faces.
Like this?

I think it's a shame too. When you see the big french Simmentals like this guy
sire7.jpg

it's hard to look at the black ones. I feel like they lose so much of the original character.... same goes for maines. Stunning breed and its disheartening to see the black ones.

aussie_cowgirl":1lyv8l1h said:
I think it's a shame too. When you see the big french Simmentals like this guy
sire7.jpg

it's hard to look at the black ones. I feel like they lose so much of the original character.... same goes for maines. Stunning breed and its disheartening to see the black ones.
Couldn't agree with you more!!!

Aussie - We've been breeding Simmentals for 40 years. We had the traditional Simmies. Loved to look at them. Always exciting when we got a new calf - never knew what they would look like. BUT ---- we breed what we can sell for the most money. I don't care if they are purple and polka dotted - just so they are GOOD. These may be black, but they DO have the good traits of the Simmental. Lots of muscle, growth, milk, temperament, fertility, and BIG EARS!!! :banana:
What we DON'T have is the hard calving, and big "dummy" slow calves. I can go a lifetime without that.
And yes, we get white faces or blaze faces.

SV_herd_1.jpg

No, this is not what my land looks like right now! This was taken during a summer month. Right now we have snow covered mud.

alacattleman":385wc6dp said:
calf reminds me of pinky and the brain :p
Ah, someone ese that is up on high cultured humor!
May look like Brain but acts more like Pinky

I would love to find a traditional simmy bull that won't tank the epds, I think if we could get back some of those orginal characteristics our breed would be even better, but since numbers matter a lot then we try to push things as far as possible but still make sellable cattle.
So these are some of my AI sires that we use.

Red Ceasar
Bring it On
Big Sky
Laredo
Dominque
Ranchhand
Top Gun
Solution (have to be carefull because we have heard he'll throw horns)
Ultimate Force
El Poderoso Rey
Red Dream

And so on, I wish that there were more out crosses to Dream On but hopefully more are coming.

Latest posts