Simbrah Genetics

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

What is the percentage of the cross of Simbrah cattle? is it 3/8 Brahman 5/8 Simmental?

yeap, but remember that you could use any bos indicus in the 3/8's of Brahman influnce the difference will be the ear size depending in what Cebu breed you use, I like to use Nelore.

Anonymous":1n8xzdwl said:
What is the percentage of the cross of Simbrah cattle? is it 3/8 Brahman 5/8 Simmental?

In our Simbrahs,1/2 Brahman up to 3/4 Brahman is the way to go.
Simbrahs in Australia are usually 5/8 Brahman. Seems like the US doesn't have enough Brahman to get all the good Brahman benefits.

Explain yourself,
Simbrah are 5/8 Simmental-3/8 Brahman (or any bos indicus breed),
all other combination is percentage cattle
and remember Brahman is a Breed form in America not Australia

Colin Chevalley":1p59wlqt said:
In our Simbrahs,1/2 Brahman up to 3/4 Brahman is the way to go.
Simbrahs in Australia are usually 5/8 Brahman. Seems like the US doesn't have enough Brahman to get all the good Brahman benefits.

Here in Australia all of your Brahman derived breeds ( apart from maybe Braford) have to come from a pure animal of whatever breed you desire to cross. For instance to breed a Simbrah you would need to have a pure Simmental and a pure Brahman as the first cross. you can't have say a pure Simmental over say a Droughtmaster and call it a Simbrah.
:?

Colin Chevalley":255ffppf said:
Here in Australia all of your Brahman derived breeds ( apart from maybe Braford) have to come from a pure animal of whatever breed you desire to cross. For instance to breed a Simbrah you would need to have a pure Simmental and a pure Brahman as the first cross. you can't have say a pure Simmental over say a Droughtmaster and call it a Simbrah.
:?

F1 Simmental-Brahman is 1/2 pureblood each if you crossbred it with a 3/4 pure Simmental- 1/4 pure Brahman you will have a pure 5/8 Simmental 3/8 Brahman, that is called Simbrah or if you cross a 3/4 pure Brahman - 1/4 pure Simmental bull with 100% purebred Simmental cows you also get the right percentage 5/8 Simmental- 3/8 Brahman, called Simbrah !!!!GET IT !!!! :cboy: :cboy:

To create a 3/8 - 5/8 anything, you breed one breed to another and get an F1 or 1/2 X and 1/2 Y animal. Then Breed the 1/2 X to a pure Y and get a 1/4 X animal. Then breed the 1/2 X to the 1/4 X and get a 3/8 X- 5/8 Y animal.

A shorter way is to breed a 3/4 X to a pure Y and get a 3/8 X - 5/8 Y animal

I don't know if some of you said that or not. I couldn't follow some of the descriptions as some may not be able to follwo this description. I hope this is clear.

Example: The X = brahman and Y = anything else.

I wonder what a 3/8 Herford and 3/8 Angus might look like and what would be the advantage, if any. or any other 3/8 X 5/8 makeup?

way to go, think in Australia is a bit different the way they consider all the breeds percentages that are related to 3/8 Brahman-5/8 English or Continental compisites

sillco":1qcnof6u said:
To create a 3/8 - 5/8 anything, you breed one breed to another and get an F1 or 1/2 X and 1/2 Y animal. Then Breed the 1/2 X to a pure Y and get a 1/4 X animal. Then breed the 1/2 X to the 1/4 X and get a 3/8 X- 5/8 Y animal.

A shorter way is to breed a 3/4 X to a pure Y and get a 3/8 X - 5/8 Y animal

I don't know if some of you said that or not. I couldn't follow some of the descriptions as some may not be able to follwo this description. I hope this is clear.

Example: The X = brahman and Y = anything else.

I wonder what a 3/8 Herford and 3/8 Angus might look like and what would be the advantage, if any. or any other 3/8 X 5/8 makeup?

Latest posts