Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN

Reaction score
image59.jpg
Actually shes simbrah/angus her maw is 3/4 simm

ALACOWMAN":3t2m21ho said:
image59.jpg
Actually shes simbrah/angus her maw is 3/4 simm
We had simbra bulls back in the early 90s...We have only a few cows left who are related. Any cow we have that has simbra wil be around this mixture if not less simbra.. Its a good mix in my book, although many here seem to think its not. We didnt keep simbra bulls very long, we found the more simbra the cows had, the meaner they were. We only kept a few heifers out of these bulls, so anything we have that has simbra is very few.

Thought I'd lost her last weekend ,I was bushhoggin , and seen her laying flat out like she was dead . couldn't see her breath. was all the way up on her with the tractor. and yelled out granny she raised up and swished her tail thanked God and went back to mowing :)

She looks like the simbras we had in the 90s.. I googled simbra (havent even looked at one in years) and found it strange they look the same. You'd think they'd be black, no skin or ear..lol. We had a black simbra bull, he was an oddity back then. It was before everything went black. He had a lighter colored muzzle, i named him Mr Mustache. Sure wished i had a picture of him. We didnt keep many heifers out of him if any, we just didnt have good luck with getting anything friendly out of the bulls we had. We did buy a few registered simbras for the kids to show, they were the meanest things ever. One drug our daughter all over the show barn at a show. They were prone to all of a sudden outburst. We would make sure, after we quit showing them, that any time we went to a show, we'd always watch the simbra class. It would always be a rodeo.. :shock:

Nice heifer, and good old momma cow.. Though I think she's showing a bit of age. So far I've had 2 get to 16 calves, and it'll be a long time before those records are broken, my oldest ones now are 12, but I'm not sure if I'll be keeping them that long, next promising one is going on 9 years and is looking good (her momma was one of the ones that had 16 calves).

We had a Simbra bull he was a gentle thing but his offspring were nuts. They got so crazy put them in the working pens and they would run into the pens. Last time we worked them 2 of them killed themselves running into the pen so Dad said to sell only time we have not had any cattle. That is a pretty heifer hope she is not crazy. That old cow looks like she still has lots of life in her.

Thanks everyone, that old cow is gentle as a pup, always has been. guess that's why she made it this long.. Those high strung ones play out early...

Latest posts