Silver…..

Help Support CattleToday:

So far. We are about 5 or 6 miles from the west flank of the Red Creek fire, we are actually under evacuation order but I'm busy seeding so I told them I wouldn't be participating. Winds have calmed down and are from a more favourable direction currently. Wife is packing things up I figure that keeps her occupied and focused. Getting tired of the heavy smoke though.
I told Forestry a few years ago when they quit issuing burning permits that I would hold them personally accountable for any loss to my business, property, or family. It may be that one of these times I will have to follow through.

Our sky has been filled with Canadian smoke for the last 4 or so days. Sun is hidden behind smoke all day and the sunsets are amazing.

I told Forestry a few years ago when they quit issuing burning permits that I would hold them personally accountable for any loss to my business, property, or family. It may be that one of these times I will have to follow through.
What do you mean they quit issuing fire permits? We are in the forest protection zone, november to end of feb you can burn without permit, like brushpiles and stuff. May to October you have to get permits. Right now all burning is prohibited because of the situations, but during regular times...........
How are you suppose to relocate your animals and to where??
Stay safe!!!!!!!!!

What do you mean they quit issuing fire permits? We are in the forest protection zone, november to end of feb you can burn without permit, like brushpiles and stuff. May to October you have to get permits. Right now all burning is prohibited because of the situations, but during regular times...........
How are you suppose to relocate your animals and to where??
Stay safe!!!!!!!!!
I mean they refuse to issue a permit for burning our range. Usually early May is the time to do it before things start greening up.

Is it normal for you Fire Danger to be this high this early ?
I don't know about @Silver but for us it got too hot too fast after the snow melted, with too hot I mean stretches of high 20 Celsius to 30 Celsius. Not enough rain in the fall, no rain worth mentioning after the melt and now very warm unusual temperatures combined with strong wind. We are in the extreme high level, add that this weekend is the first long weekend warm enough for families to go camping............ it's just no good.
Personally I'm already stressed to the max about how the hay crop and the pasture will be.

Not familiar with your country, but seemed like you went from snow melt to fire risk way to fast.

I'm on the south coastal strip of Oregon, last Sunday it reached 93* Fahrenheit with 22% humidity. Inland
a little bit, it hit 100 degrees.
Just one day, then back to normal cooler temps and higher humidity, with our occasional coastal fog.
Seldom see those temps and humidity on the coast, least ways not till late summer. Hope that was the
high for this year. I prefer 65 and foggy over that.

Hope you weather moderates in a positive way.

Is it normal for you Fire Danger to be this high this early ?

View attachment 30289
Not really. It happens fast here after the snow leaves, and if we don't get early spring rains we get in trouble. Seems like the last number of years we haven't been able to count on spring moisture.

Latest posts