Signing in as Guest

Help Support CattleToday:

What do you think the board as a whole should do about people that sign in as guest ?

• Encourage them to register

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Refuse to read their post

• Refuse to reply to the post until they register

• Continue as status qou

• Total voters

Tman

Reaction score
I agree that L4, Dun , CC and many others are of value to the boards, they have provided me with a lot of useful information and I get irritated when I see them attacked. Likewise I can relate to having some idea of whom I am conversing with and at the same time I understand being intimidated by their experience and wanting to remain unknown. I do not understand why people would hide in the shadows and take potshots though, it is just not the way I was raised.

I think we should encourage people to register. But if someone is determined to be rude, registering won't stop them. IMO, this is the best cattle discussion board on the net and I don't think a few rude people are going to mess it up too much. Disagreements are par for this kind of discussion. We should not be too thin skinned when someone disagrees with us, but shouldn't be just outright rude either. I prefer sites that don't require registeration and think some people wouldn't participate if registration was required. Macon and his monitors do a good job here. Thanks, guys.

When I first found this board I was a little bit nervous to join, I'm glad that I did ;-)
There are so many nice advantages, and it's all free!!
You can Send other members E-mail!
You can join in polls , or make up your own!
You can go back and edit or delete things that you might of said in a heated discussion :lol:
Or if you tell a joke and some one says " hey , that's offensive , and I don't like it!" you can go back and delete.
Personally I just don't see how a person that continues to come to this board could , not want to register! Well that's my 3 cents :lol:

Macon ask me just liek week if my thoughts on registering had changed because of al of the crapola. I hadn't even given it any thought. While irritating, any horses patoot has the right to post, registered or not. There are two options as I see it. If someone is realy way out of line, not just a little bit like I get at times, the monitors can delete or edit there posts or Macon can block their address from being able to post. The options is to just ignore them and hope they go away.
I'm concened that first and formost, someone that needs/wants information or has an opinion wouldn't be willing to register and post. That leads to people be reluctant to join in in other discussions that may be important or present another line of thought on any given subject.
So once again I think the it should be left as is.

dun

Tman":44rah95m said:
I agree that L4, Dun , CC and many others are of value to the boards, they have provided me with a lot of useful information and I get irritated when I see them attacked. Likewise I can relate to having some idea of whom I am conversing with and at the same time I understand being intimidated by their experience and wanting to remain unknown. I do not understand why people would hide in the shadows and take potshots though, it is just not the way I was raised.

tman
i think if you and all the registered users would take a little time and view in most cases what you perceive to be pot shots for the most is someone signing in as guest as then being smarted off to first by a registered user like go away or register and if you dont no one asked you to view this site or they call one a coward who chooses to post as guest or an idiot and so on

i have had all of this done to me viewed posts where it was done to others and you never see a registered user correct another registered user for their slander or telling someone to go away and find another board and so on .

and my thinking is that many people have viewed and participated on this site and left because of the one sided views that i have just spoke about. its proper to correct a guest if they get out of line and it is allso is proper and should not fail to be done by registered users to registered users.

dun":1rkbq19u said:
Macon ask me just liek week if my thoughts on registering had changed because of al of the crapola. I hadn't even given it any thought. While irritating, any horses patoot has the right to post, registered or not. There are two options as I see it. If someone is realy way out of line, not just a little bit like I get at times, the monitors can delete or edit there posts or Macon can block their address from being able to post. The options is to just ignore them and hope they go away.
I'm concened that first and formost, someone that needs/wants information or has an opinion wouldn't be willing to register and post. That leads to people be reluctant to join in in other discussions that may be important or present another line of thought on any given subject.

dun

a very good post dun. but are all who choose not to register considered horses patoots? and if they are called a name first or belittled by a registered user first and choose to respond are they horses patoots?

one last thing if you pay much attention to the news there are many instances where children young adutls have chatted through private email with pedofiles or people with no morals and if you make this site mandatory registering then young people whose parents wish for them not to have access to private emails or to know where their children are posting from or information about them becomes public knowledge

i read a post wher i think campground but if not him someone corrected sc for giving his name i commend them for correcting sc for doing this.

guest":4n8lp0wl said:
dun":4n8lp0wl said:

dun

a very good post dun. but are all who choose not to register considered horses patoots? and if they are called a name first or belittled by a registered user first and choose to respond are they horses patoots?

one last thing if you pay much attention to the news there are many instances where children young adutls have chatted through private email with pedofiles or people with no morals and if you make this site mandatory registering then young people whose parents wish for them not to have access to private emails or to know where their children are posting from or information about them becomes public knowledge

i read a post wher i think campground but if not him someone corrected sc for giving his name i commend them for correcting sc for doing this.

One is a horses patoot not by what they saw necesarrily, more an attitude. If you notice I didn't single out unregistered partys as such.
Frequently the comments to the "offending" party are delivered by pm, not all dirty linen needs be hung out for all to see.
Attitude is one of the most important parts for participation in any public forum.
It's kind of like my dad used to tell me. Diplomacy is the ability to tell some one to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.
The comments about a pedophile using this site for messaging I think stretches credulity just a bit.
In a section a "guest" commented that the comments made by "guest" were not theirs. That is the one thing that registering would prevent.

dun

dun":faa3kpm4 said:
guest":faa3kpm4 said:
dun":faa3kpm4 said:

dun

One is a horses patoot not by what they saw necesarrily, more an attitude. If you notice I didn't single out unregistered partys as such.
Frequently the comments to the "offending" party are delivered by pm, not all dirty linen needs be hung out for all to see.
Attitude is one of the most important parts for participation in any public forum.
It's kind of like my dad used to tell me. Diplomacy is the ability to tell some one to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.
The comments about a pedophile using this site for messaging I think stretches credulity just a bit.
In a section a "guest" commented that the comments made by "guest" were not theirs. That is the one thing that registering would prevent.

dun

stretching credibility a bit

nothing could be farther from the truth i have read and heard of children that were abused by art teachers principals preist barbers bosses at work youth camp directors youth camp counselors and boy scout leaders day care center workers clowns and so on.

they have no set place where they chose their victims just recently in the news a 34 year old coach and a 16 year old girl were found after several months on the run. recently in the news 31 year old female teacher charged with rape of a 16 year old boy found in a federal park so those sickos are and can be found anywhere

for those that question registering think about this numerous times i look at whos online on th q&a board and most of the times there more guests than registered users just a thought. make it madatory you will cut down on the feedback participation and so on!

Some of those guest that you are seeing as logged on , are usually , Sometimes , registered people that have forgottan to log on.
I have been guilty of it myself.

If you went to a party ,and you didn't really know the people that you were talking to , would you introduce your self as simply " guest" ?

I think that is all we are asking for,is give us a name , Make up a name it doesn't matter, No body is doing a background search , all that is requested is a real E-mail address. You can go to yahoo and have your own private E-mail in less then 10 minutes :D
Then you can have private mail with whomever your mad at.
This is about all that I'm going to say about this topic, I'm not mad at anyone on this site , I just am not going to spend any more of my time. or waste ya'lls time over this topic. :D I hope ya'll have a great day :D :D

Latest posts