Sign man

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
It is not uncommon here to see some guy on a street corner waving a sign to advertise some business. They spin the sign around, jump around and do all kinds of crazy stuff to get your attention. Often the sign is in the shape of an arrow and they point it toward the business they are advertising. Well as a sign of the time I saw a new first this weekend. A guy with a sign saying "Marijuana Mart". Not only is it legal they are standing on the street corner advertising it. The pot shop is a very short distance from this intersection. While I was waiting for the light to change I saw one guy come out of the shop and another car pull in so I guess his advertising was working. In the big city ghetto they have drug dealers standing on the corner. We have them standing on a corner waving a sign.

When me and my wife first got married. She managed a bbq joint. They would keep a fire going in the outdoor pits, even if they weren't cooking. The smell of the smoke advertising for them.
Reckon the pot shop will try that next.

Maybe they could burn all the stems and such that they don't use. The smoke would draw in customers. Maybe I should copy write that idea. I could get rich advertising pot shops. I could afford to buy a big ranch in some other state.

fenceman":j1y3987d said:
When me and my wife first got married. She managed a bbq joint. They would keep a fire going in the outdoor pits, even if they weren't cooking. The smell of the smoke advertising for them.

We were talking about that very thing yesterday. I've drove around for a while looking for the source of good BBQ smoke around lunchtime. A place here sells it but you never smell the smoke. Must cook it at home and bring it to town to sell. A little fire in the pit would probably increase their business quite a bit.

That odor thing works real good. There use to be a bakery I Hoquim. It was right along the main drag. Me and several hundred loggers had to drive right past it every day. The smell of fresh made donuts and other baked goods would pull you right off the road and into their store. I ate many a donut on my way home from work.

Dave":2sa33qga said:
It is not uncommon here to see some guy on a street corner waving a sign to advertise some business. They spin the sign around, jump around and do all kinds of crazy stuff to get your attention. Often the sign is in the shape of an arrow and they point it toward the business they are advertising. Well as a sign of the time I saw a new first this weekend. A guy with a sign saying "Marijuana Mart". Not only is it legal they are standing on the street corner advertising it. The pot shop is a very short distance from this intersection. While I was waiting for the light to change I saw one guy come out of the shop and another car pull in so I guess his advertising was working. In the big city ghetto they have drug dealers standing on the corner. We have them standing on a corner waving a sign.
On the radio one day last week they had a trivia question, if I remember right it was about Washington State if not another one out west. This state has more of these than McDonalds and Wendy's, the answer was pot shops.

tom4018":f7v9hu3n said:
Dave":f7v9hu3n said:
On the radio one day last week they had a trivia question, if I remember right it was about Washington State if not another one out west. This state has more of these than McDonalds and Wendy's, the answer was pot shops.

I was sort of questioning that figure in my mind so I did a little research. There have been 324 licenses initially approved for pot shops in the state. I don't know how many of those are open for business. I am pretty sure that there isn't 324 McDonalds and Wendy's in the state so I guess they were right. Funny thing is that up until a couple years ago if you want to buy hard liquor you had to get it at a state run liquor store. I seriously doubt there were 324 liquor stores in the state. I need to move to another state.......

My mother who is now 93 grew up on a small dairy farm in Northern Vermont. I remember one day while driving past a rather aromatic farm, she exclaimed, "What a wonderful pile of manure !"

TexasBred":3t8mcotv said:
fenceman":3t8mcotv said:

We were talking about that very thing yesterday. I've drove around for a while looking for the source of good BBQ smoke around lunchtime. A place here sells it but you never smell the smoke. Must cook it at home and bring it to town to sell. A little fire in the pit would probably increase their business quite a bit.

TB, maybe they cook it like they do in Tennessee, in an oven and slather a little BBQ sauce on it and call it BBQ. :cboy:

lavacarancher":38efxp18 said:
TB, maybe they cook it like they do in Tennessee, in an oven and slather a little BBQ sauce on it and call it BBQ. :cboy:
Yessir I'm almost certain I've been served some of that stuff. Stretches like a rubber band if you pull on it.

TexasBred":3k2c66xq said:
fenceman":3k2c66xq said:

When I had my place going I used electric and would start in the late evenings and cook all night, so my smoke was gone during business hours. I had a small metal stove built to keep out back and I would light it every morning. I called it my customer call because my restaurant was on the square and not many could resist.

My says that's what attracted me to her. First three years we were married she would come home every night smelling like bbq. Most nights she would also be carrying a box of bbq. We ate a lot of bbq. He// the dogs ate bbq. :lol2: