Sighting in your rifle part deux

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
After receiving an email with some pictures on it, I am not so upset about shooting my fence into the other day. Things could have been worse.

A different twist to a barrel than one would like.
rifle1.jpg

rifle.jpg

The cause of this?

Always remember to take the bore sight tool out of the barrel before actually shooting.
rifle2.jpg

I got some more pictures of the unfortunate shooter but I don't think this would be appropriate for the board.

The first thing I thought of when seeing the first pic was "barrell obstruction". That would make me sick especially if it were a pre 64 Winchester.

skyline":39p44mxw said:
Did he/she live? I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that wreck.

I don't know for sure. The email I got showed him on a stretcher with some pretty bad lacerations but he didn't look critical to me.

All it takes is one brain fart.

Ouch! I could see myself doing something like that. I'd say the chances increase with every passing birthday. :oops:

I once tried to shoot a deer with the ramrod of my old muzzle loader. Never saw the deer or ramroad again. Took an hour just to find where my glasses had flown to.

dun":18ntvisi said:
I once tried to shoot a deer with the ramrod of my old muzzle loader. Never saw the deer or ramroad again. Took an hour just to find where my glasses had flown to.

Dun, I just got a mental image of that. Tell me you weren't hurt so that I can continue laughing without all this guilt... :)

skyline":ucleumq2 said:
dun":ucleumq2 said:

Dun, I just got a mental image of that. Tell me you weren't hurt so that I can continue laughing without all this guilt... :)

Me too! :secret: I once had a neighbor who was a big bird hunter and had quite a collection of shotguns. He used one of them to hide a couple of hundred dollar bills in. He said he forgot about the stash till he got a covey of birds up and saw the confetti showing down in the breeze. He was lucky it didn't blow up.

skyline":2rd56go4 said:
dun":2rd56go4 said:

Just made me be a lot more carefull. Had a helluva headache for a couple of days though. More importantly, it didn;t hurt the smokepole any

I hope he has recovered.

It could be made into a lamp and a reminder.

A friend shot her finger off one year on our annual mountain camp trip while showing off her pocket pistol to someone. That was a 125 mile trip to the nearest hospital.

We were having a big family picnic buy a river in 1964 and us kids (9-12yrs old) were shooting drift wood. Had a cousin blow off the front of his face when he set the but of his hair trigger 20ga down on the ground to hard.

Lack of concentration for a half second can change the rest of your life when it comes to firearms.

Jogeephus":7a3bja9y said:
Me too! :secret: I once had a neighbor who was a big bird hunter and had quite a collection of shotguns. He used one of them to hide a couple of hundred dollar bills in. He said he forgot about the stash till he got a covey of birds up and saw the confetti showing down in the breeze. He was lucky it didn't blow up.

Poor place to hide money for the obvious reason stated plus if someone broke into the house chances are the weapons would be one of the first things they took.

Probably was hidin the 100's from the old lady. :nod:

Latest posts