Sidney411 - Heartfelt Thanks!

Help Support CattleToday:

TR

Reaction score
I'd just like to extend a heartfelt thanks to Sidney411 and her husband for coming to my rescue Saturday night and helping (okay, I helped, they did it!) to deliver a 76 lb bull calf from one of my first calf heifers. Nothing quite like getting a call at 9:15 at night saying "can you come help", is there? :D Not only did they rush right over, they came out the next day to milk mama and get half a gallon of colostrum into him too. Certainly my first experience with pulling a calf and milking a not so happy with the whole ordeal mama, but thanks to them, my knowledge has increased tenfold. What a blessing to have neighbors like that!!

My hat's off to you, Sid, you're quite a hand, and certainly my hero!!

Picture is far off, BUT......this is to show Sid that the little guy has the hang of it now, so I'm doing the "I don't have to milk and tube" dance this morning!!!!

Twiggys05Calf001.jpg

A closer view of the little stinker, aka "Dopey".....
Twiggys05Calf006.jpg

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Now your making me blush! Thank you TR! I really don't deserve all that mushy stuff! I am just so glad that he 'got it'!! He's such a cute little bugger, and I'm glad Twig is happy. We're really glad we could be of service, now when I need some help......................

You got it!! I'll be there with bells on! (now THAT could be a sight!) :lol:

Now THAT'S what the world use to be made of - neighbors helping neighbors. Glad to see it isn't all gone - the world could use more of it. Well done Sidney. Pass along my thanks to your husband to please. :D

You are blessed to have neighbors that will help you out. It is nice to have experienced help when you are in need. I am glad everything worked out.

hello mrs. TR

did you by that heffer from mr. campgrounds cattle? she looks good. but i think mr. campgrounds offers a 50% mony back garantee to his customers if any of his heffers have trouble having their calf. may be you should call him to get some of your mony back :lol:

Not one of mine, unless she breed them at six months and the deliveried at 9 months old. If I sold some with a 3 month gestation period I want them back.

TTR, is there some simmy in "dopey's" woodpile???

Cute calf, great neighbors!

Muratic":1qpg06wa said:
TTR, is there some simmy in "dopey's" woodpile???

Cute calf, great neighbors!

Shouldn't be.....dad's a Beefmaster but mama's parentage is unknown. She sure looks like one of those old timey, belt buckle size Herefords though. All this bull's calves out of the hereford mamas have markings like this little one. Oh, and one SimmiX cow that's red/WF has a heifer that's marked like this one too....They look like a bunch of carbon copies of each other! Might have to start tagging if this keeps up.

TUCO":3cmxj71i said:
hello mrs. TR

did you by that heffer from mr. campgrounds cattle? she looks good. but i think mr. campgrounds offers a 50% mony back garantee to his customers if any of his heffers have trouble having their calf. may be you should call him to get some of your mony back :lol:

Sorry TUCO, didn't see your post up there. Nope, she wasn't one of Camp's heifers. Those 3 have a while to go yet before they're bred. This heifer was bought about 18 mos ago and promptly came down with Coccidia a week after she got here. She was thin to begin with, but ended up skeletal after the bout with coccidia. So I nursed her back to health, but I think she's a bit stunted, so I'm not suprised that she had a bit of trouble calving. In all honesty, she was the only heifer this year that I was concerned about. I have her sister who's due here shortly too, and I really don't think she'll have any problems. Poor little Twiggy.....she just had a rough start in life. In all honesty, she has a horrible udder with icecream cone teats, so she's a cull candidate. The little dude has figured out how to navigate them as of this evening, so at least he's full now...and running around, and bucking.......its a grand sight, I tell ya!

Latest posts