sickness in cow

Help Support CattleToday:

jtbakv

Reaction score
Let me give ya'll symptoms in my cow, first she is about 6 years old charolais cross and has lost alot of weight and her appitite is very low she gets around however it's slow, diaarrea has no abnormal look. looks as she may be coughing or possibly attempting to throw up at times not offten. she is kept seperate from all other cows and I have given her vitamin B, D, wormed her she has been given resflor, LA200 and another antibiotic starts with E from the vet cant remember the name. I dont believe its Johnes due to her not having a healthy appitite or getting around like a healthy cow, I dont believe its BVD due to no yellowish discharge from nose or anywhere else I say this due to symptoms from internet that I have found I still could be wrong. She eats when she wants and chews her cud as normal. urine output is pretty much normal no abnormal look or odor. I have only had her 2 weeks and maybe a little gain in weight however not much at first I thought she was just starved from other owner any suggestions on what this may be. My other post is below on same cow.

I'd take her to vet. Could be parasite. Depending what you dewormed with, regular ivermectin's don't get liver flukes. I had 2 last year start losing weight and just declined to death. Fecal test will tell

Latest posts