Sick world we live in!

Help Support CattleToday:

Silver, you may not want what God is offering you... but are you then comfortable with the alternative which you are choosing?
You are not understanding. I will live by the Golden Rule as best I can because it is the right thing to do. I do not do it because I fear a reprisal in the afterlife, and I do not do it because I lust after streets of gold.
I am perfectly comfortable with how I live my life. If that banishes me to eternal damnation then so be it.

I'm all for him doi him,when he figures out who him is..but he's vying for a position too do others..your calling out men means absolutely nothing..
I don't particularly care for any of the circus show either, as I mentioned, I'm conservative in nearly every facet of life but the point is, the thread began with chastising this person about his sexuality - I have no idea (beyond that he's a republican) what his politics are - maybe he has good ideas I don't know. I also don't know what the answer is when dealing with such a sensitive issue but I do know that jumping on an Internet forum to call him an "it" ISNT the right answer and it certainly doesn't send a good message to the young generation and what they think might be ok to post on their own social media about someone that's different in their own circle. This guy isn't a terrorist or a rapist and I bet if he met a child that was very different than the rest of his piers, he would be the first to be kind and non-judgmental to him or her. We don't have to vote for him - but we can also live and let live in case like his. I don't know, I think we can still talk about this issue because it certainly presents a societal quagmire but I stop at the moment someone is being attacked in a manner that could be so hurtful emotionally. I'm certain I'm more sentive that others because of situations I've seen around me personally and how words can be so painful, especially to kids.

You are not understanding. I will live by the Golden Rule as best I can because it is the right thing to do. I do not do it because I fear a reprisal in the afterlife, and I do not do it because I lust after streets of gold.
I am perfectly comfortable with how I live my life. If that banishes me to eternal damnation then so be it.
He who has the gold makes the rules. That one?

Religion has a practice of coming up with new angles to counter anything that might challenge it. I don't think people are leaving religion for any other reason except evolution. We're getting smart enough to see through the mambajamba
Don't let science stop you from developing faith.

Humanity, you and I, all of us, have an innate curiosity, and we search for answers. Science can provide some answers, and sometimes scientific answers change with new evidence.

The evidence of faith of something greater than ourselves is also innate. I believe all our questions will be answered in good time.

I hope no one thinks me a heretic, but think about when Genesis was written, and by whom. God directed man to write Genesis. It was written when men's thoughts were simple, and the origin of man as described in Genesis was made simple, a simple parable. We can't say for certain 6 days were 6 24 hour periods. We cannot say that man made from clay was not God guiding evolution over a longer period of time, eons possibly.

The life and times of Jesus were not all that long ago. If we can still respect the teaching of those older than Jesus, those like Aristotle, Socrates, and past great thinkers, I think we should very easily come to believe the existence and teachings of Christ.

As some have said, doing good is important. Christ told me to trust that he is the Son of God. I choose to do that. I have faith that Jesus was sent here to live as a man, so that he can relate our trials and troubles to God, and intercede on our behalf.

There is no science proving Jesus was not sent to Earth as the Son of God. I choose to believe that He was. I ask that you consider believing it too.

Of the multitude of religions in the history of the world the common denominator for the most part is eternal life. The human being perhaps is the only animal that understands death and that it is imminent. Faith is how mankind deals with that .
Do you suppose that might be because we were and are created to be different than all the other animals? God "breathed the breath of life into us"... but not the animals. We were "created in His image", but not the animals. Do you suppose that might be because we as we were created right from the start did and still DO have an eternal soul, that will remain "alive" eternally... the only question for us is "where" and "how" that eternity will be spent? Do you suppose that might be because man KNEW eternal life right from the beginning, and even now KNOWS in his heart that there WILL be a day of reckoning for our sins, and a righteous and just judgement, and an eternity of "eternal life" or "eternal death" that follows after our "mortal" death here in this life?

If you read all the preceding quotations from Gods Word, you can't help but see how tirelessly God's love is reaching out through His gift of the Word to YOU, and to all of us lost souls, tirelessly working in us through them to bring us to faith in His gracious gift of forgiveness through Christ. He required His Only Son, the blameless Son of the Almighty God, to die, specifically for you, and for me, in our place, so that we now can once again live in perfect unity and harmony with our Father in heaven... a relationship that we had and God intended to be for eternity, right from creation, but a relationship that we lost when we rejected Him and sinned. There was and is only one way out of our doomed plight... and that is in His Son.

I understand that you don't believe, for God tells me that "the natural man" will reject His free gift of salvation. 1 Cor. 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

I want you to know that the forgiveness and restoration of that right relationship with God has been won for you already. It has been laid out right here in front of you, and therefore it is already YOURS, if you will just not throw it away. But in spite of hearing that comforting message, you refuse it, and you insist on rejecting it. That is as it is, and the responsibility for your rejection and unbelief is all yours. The gospel message of love and forgiveness has been shared with you. I pray that one day God's love for you will ultimately turn your heart to faith and acceptance of His precious gift for you.

It's really quite obvious there where humans on this earth long before biblical times. There is a large camp on my place where points dating back over 12000 years are regularly found. We don't know how long man has been here. Possible that there have been several rise and falls of civilization. What we do know is that we date older than Adam and Eve.
There are multiple types of human dna as well. I believe what see.
Religion has a practice of coming up with new angles to counter anything that might challenge it. I don't think people are leaving religion for any other reason except evolution. We're getting smart enough to see through the mambajamba
Fence,

This is unrelated to the discussion (sorry).......Have you ever stated your beliefs on the forum before? I only ask, because this is the first time I recall reading them. It's rare for someone of strong faith, not to show/express/verbalize their faith. Likewise, it is rare for someone absent of faith, not to show/express/verbalize their lack of faith. If that question is too forward, I apologize (sincerely).

Fence,

This is unrelated to the discussion (sorry).......Have you ever stated your beliefs on the forum before? I only ask, because this is the first time I recall reading them. It's rare for someone of strong faith, not to show/express/verbalize their faith. Likewise, it is rare for someone absent of faith, not to show/express/verbalize their lack of faith. If that question is too forward, I apologize (sincerely).
No I haven't not on this forum.
Course religion isn't a typical topic here. My beliefs are mine. I don't force them on anyone else and my stance tends to make people uncomfortable.. and as you can see above , scripture starts to flow out of them. Never a rational argument, scripture then usually anger.

I struggle with my faith even though I have been blessed beyond my wildest expectations and I have witnessed many miracles in my lifetime. God has made profound changes in me personally and in several of those closest to me. I have no right to question anything... yet I often do.
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

It's not uncommon for people to question their faith. I visit with people pretty often, that feel the same way. If God ran a shock and awe campaign, that wouldn't require faith at all would it?

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

It's not uncommon for people to question their faith. I visit with people pretty often, that feel the same way. If God ran a shock and awe campaign, that wouldn't require faith at all would it?
You and I have met face to face and I've had the good fortune to sit in the congregation and listen to you preach. I look forward to hearing you again soon. Thank you.

No I haven't not on this forum.
Course religion isn't a typical topic here. My beliefs are mine. I don't force them on anyone else and my stance tends to make people uncomfortable.. and as you can see above , scripture starts to flow out of them. Never a rational argument, scripture then usually anger.
I appreciate the answer. I haven't read this thread closely at all. I personally tend to not go on the offensive with the faithless, the Apostle Paul said warn them once or twice. I "think" we know each other well enough, if you had any questions, you could feel free to ask me on messenger (we might even have each others phone numbers I can't remember). If I have a fencing question, your the man Id see.

I appreciate the answer. I haven't read this thread closely at all. I personally tend to not go on the offensive with the faithless, the Apostle Paul said warn them once or twice. I "think" we know each other well enough, if you had any questions, you could feel free to ask me on messenger (we might even have each others phone numbers I can't remember). If I have a fencing question, your the man Id see.
Tell me this, since I answered your question....as a honest man do you believe without any doubt whatsoever..........

Tell me this, since I answered your question....as a honest man do you believe without any doubt whatsoever..........
I would have to say I do. I don't want to claim faith that's not mine either. Jesus own brothers doubted that he was the Mesiah (for a period of time). I have personal struggles, but doubt is not one of them.

I"m a believer .......i think its hard to be a farmer or rancher and not see the awesomeness of creation....the intelligence that goes far, far beyond our finite minds. the problem is that the Bible is open to many different interpretations....hence 100's of christian denominations yet most read the same KJV Bible.
Has man been here 6k years? or 12k years? or 100k years....IDK. I have no way to verify it.
In 1971.... I was 10 years old. That was 50 years ago and the Lord's return was iminent then. I remember being in a revival meeting for a week during that time and the school teacher had given us a homework assignment on Monday to be turned in by the end of the week(Friday). Every night the preacher was very passionate about the Lord coming back...even before the service each night was over. So i decided there was no point in doing all that homework because the Lord was surely gonna come back by the end of the week.
So, wednesday rolls around then thursday comes and we were still there, so i decide that to be on the safe side I better go ahead and do the homework....which I'm glad I did. So now here we are 50 years later. All I can figure is maybe our interpretations could be wrong. that doesn't mean God is any less God, but just that He can't be put in a box like we so many times try to do.
About the peoples of the earth that have lived thru time and never heard the Good news of Jesus Christ.....are they going to hell? I personally don't think so, though some may believe otherwise. I like what Job says in the same book of Job....."Will the Lord of all the earth not do right?" I don't believe anyone will be sent to hell without first having a full understanding and a chance to repent in this life or in the resurrection.... Just my thoughts.

I don't particularly care for any of the circus show either, as I mentioned, I'm conservative in nearly every facet of life but the point is, the thread began with chastising this person about his sexuality - I have no idea (beyond that he's a republican) what his politics are - maybe he has good ideas I don't know. I also don't know what the answer is when dealing with such a sensitive issue but I do know that jumping on an Internet forum to call him an "it" ISNT the right answer and it certainly doesn't send a good message to the young generation and what they think might be ok to post on their own social media about someone that's different in their own circle. This guy isn't a terrorist or a rapist and I bet if he met a child that was very different than the rest of his piers, he would be the first to be kind and non-judgmental to him or her. We don't have to vote for him - but we can also live and let live in case like his. I don't know, I think we can still talk about this issue because it certainly presents a societal quagmire but I stop at the moment someone is being attacked in a manner that could be so hurtful emotionally. I'm certain I'm more sentive that others because of situations I've seen around me personally and how words can be so painful, especially to kids.

Yeah, seems awfully hypocritical for religious folks to pass judgement on someone with life choices that differ from their own.

I'm no expert on the subject, but I'm pretty sure that there is a commandment or passage somewhere that says not to judge others or you will be scrutinized yourself.

I'm not an atheist, but not a church goer either. I have a lot of gripes with organized religion. However, I think human sentiency is far too complex to just go "lights out" when we die, and no man on earth can say for certain if that is or isn't the case. I guess by definition that makes me agnostic.

Yeah, seems awfully hypocritical for religious folks to pass judgement on someone with life choices that differ from their own.

I'm no expert on the subject, but I'm pretty sure that there is a commandment or passage somewhere that says not to judge others or you will be scrutinized yourself.

I'm not an atheist, but not a church goer either. I have a lot of gripes with organized religion. However, I think human sentiency is far too complex to just go "lights out" when we die, and no man on earth can say for certain if that is or isn't the case. I guess by definition that makes me agnostic.
Could make you a Deist.

An interesting book, A Case for Christ, by Lee Strobel.

Illinois journalist and former Chicago Tribune legal editor Lee Strobel wrote the true story about his life from the 1980s and published the book (with the same name) in 1998. He applied his journalistic and legal skills to attempt to disprove his wife, Leslie's, unwavering, new belief in Christianity. After two years of analyses and with the threat of divorce, Strobel's journalistic journey ended with unexpected, life-altering results.

"I spent my entire career as a journalist, uncovering the truth, until the day my wife presented me with the biggest story of my life," explained the skeptical Strobel, who riffled through contradictory details of the Resurrection, looking for evidence, and who ultimately was brought to faith in the process.

Latest posts