Sick world we live in!

Help Support CattleToday:

sstterry> I did misread your entry and that I regret. That being said I will state categorically, stating another persons transgression of
God's word does not affect or concern you is tantamount to declaring you 'are not your brother's keeper'
In conclusion I have seen nothing you have written on any subject that would lead me to desire any communication from you. LVR

This is a situation that looks to be a growing trend as far as what we are willing to accept and it does present some with quite a conundrum. The genie is out of the bottle so to speak in terms of turning back to the traditional societal norms that most of us grew up with.
Thankfully the judgement of each of our hearts is not up to our fellow man. We like sheep have gone astray in many ways not just this subject and not just this time period. If we who claim to know Jesus understand the meaning of Romans 3: 23. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
We know that we alone cannot save ourselves, likewise we cannot through ourselves save others. Only by grace through faith can we be saved. Therefore it seems to me that if we want to change a course of this magnitude the way to start is by bowing our heads in prayer for guidance and wisdom and for God's will to be done.

Our young people are being taken by storm with these issues. I have several friends that their children have been consumed by this. I watched prom entrance online. It runs deeper than I even thought with our youth.

Our young people are being taken by storm with these issues. I have several friends that their children have been consumed by this. I watched prom entrance online. It runs deeper than I even thought with our youth.
Yes, we are seeing and hearing much more about it too. I definitely believe that by these types of things becoming more mainstream that there will be many more young people swayed by it than in previous generations.

I was listening to a priest talk about getting people back into church and right with God. He said we need to stop trying to hug people into church, but rather argue them back to church. That has stuck with me.

People are bombarded with arguments for everything, everything but arguments for God.

I would be interested in your thoughts on that.

God doesn't make mistakes, but no man can know God's intent.

In many things, God's intent is fairly obvious. We have His word (the bible) to show his intent on many things. On other things, we have our ability to reason, which allows us to know Him. When you are born. To whom you are born. The gender you are born. Those are all very obvious examples of God's intent, which we can known. There can be no doubt God intended Bruce to be a man, because that is what he is.

I think I might've been born about 100 years too late.
We are all born at precisely the time God intended us to be born. We are needed, here and now. What we do while we are here is up to us.

I was listening to a priest talk about getting people back into church and right with God. He said we need to stop trying to hug people into church, but rather argue them back to church. That has stuck with me.

People are bombarded with arguments for everything, everything but arguments for God.

Satan is doing what he does best. We have all been desensitized about sin. It surrounds us all the time. Abominations like this don't knock us off our horse like it would have 50 years ago. The "you can't judge me" clause is about the only part of Christianity that has taken root in the secular world. The Bible teaxhes in many places, that man is born with the fear of God in his heart. Adam and Eve (although not born like you and I) had the fear. They hid when they realized they had sinned. Only speaking for myself personally, when I have a gospel conversation with someone I include it all. It's not meant to shock or scare, it's just the truth. If the truth stirs someone's fear of God, then so be it.
Church growth in this day and age, seems to be about entertainment ( I get the argument that we have to get them there to preach to them). If the gospel that's presented is watered down, then it's doing anybody any good. The project Malachi said if your not going to do it right, then close the doors.

We can't "argue" anyone into church, anymore than we can keep them "in church" (meaning strong in faith and knowledge of God's Word) by "hugging them in". We CAN'T "make a decision for Christ" either... we are DEAD... literally DEAD in our trespasses and sins. A dead man can do NOTHING, can't even be an active player in his conversion. That's ALL done by God through the hearing of the Word... the gospel message of forgiveness through Christ. Preach the gospel faithfully, which absolutely also involves the preaching of the law faithfully as well, so we can see clearly our need for forgiveness, and recognize our eternally lost, and wholly corrupt state. The Holy Spirit then works in us sinners, through that Word, CREATING faith where there was nothing but rejection of God and His salvation.

Yes, we need to be prepared to give a reason for the hope that lies within us... (forgiveness, salvation, and eternal life through Jesus) 1 Peter 3:15. And we need to answer those who teach "false doctrine" with "proof" of that from the Word... false doctrines like, "What someone else does shouldn't matter to me, it's none of my business", ... or "judge not, that you be not judged" being misused. If that's what you mean by "arguing them into church", then there may be something to it.

Church is not supposed to be for our entertainment. It is supposed to be where we gather together with other children of God in perfect unity in the Word, where we glorify God together, and where we are strengthened through God serving us there in Word and Sacrament.

My best friend in high school in a very conservative Christian town was a girl. He hid it from me and everyone else until we were middle aged. She knew she was a girl when she was three and it scared the hell out of her. Her family figured it out and all gave her hell. What struck me was that all those years that she pretended to be a man because she had a penis, she never evolved as a person. I spent a weekend with her a couple of years ago and she reminded me of the guy I knew in high school. She had all the same resentments and cynical doubts about others. It's a bummer. Life can be hard. We should allow people the dignity to be who they are so that they can grow into the best people they can be instead of being stunted by hiding from who they are inside. Even if it makes you cringe, we should reach into our Christian hearts and find a bit of love for those that have the difficult path in life. They aren't that way because they think it is cool. I'm a very conservative 60 year old man. I own cattle and shoot in competition and work in construction and all that man card stuff and at one point in life I hated gays but I got over it when I found out they are just people.

My best friend in high school in a very conservative Christian town was a girl. He hid it from me and everyone else until we were middle aged. She knew she was a girl when she was three and it scared the hell out of her. Her family figured it out and all gave her hell. What struck me was that all those years that she pretended to be a man because she had a penis, she never evolved as a person. I spent a weekend with her a couple of years ago and she reminded me of the guy I knew in high school. She had all the same resentments and cynical doubts about others. It's a bummer. Life can be hard. We should allow people the dignity to be who they are so that they can grow into the best people they can be instead of being stunted by hiding from who they are inside. Even if it makes you cringe, we should reach into our Christian hearts and find a bit of love for those that have the difficult path in life. They aren't that way because they think it is cool. I'm a very conservative 60 year old man. I own cattle and shoot in competition and work in construction and all that man card stuff and at one point in life I hated gays but I got over it when I found out they are just people.

Amen. Kindness isn't political.

I guess this is a stupid question but here goes, so Jenner has a live in transgender female. Does that make them lesbian, gay, or what? If either of them choose a man will that mean they are straight. Decisions Decisions

folks never can get past the fact that it's hating the sin,not the sinner...like being Called a racist at the drop of a hat ,because you disagree ..it's the argument stopper..
Calling people "IT", "disturbing", and saying they have a mental retardation problem doesn't sound like loving them to me. Agree or disagree with the way they live their life, but the way people talk on here is appalling.

What is amazing to me is the hypocrisy in all of this. All of the moral superiority from all of these posters, yet not a word was ever said about a certain Orange man that a lot of you worship. A man that is an accused rapist, an admitted sexual predator, serial adulterer, and proven habitual liar.
Logically, I assume that the next time his name comes up you will all be equally judgemental about his impact on the morals of our youth and the example he set.

Latest posts