Sick Heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

Can I assume you used the open needle method of finding the veins or artery? Meaning, a large bore needle with out syringe attached, placed into the vein, when blood comes out under pressure you know you got a direct hit. Thats what works for me.
:cboy:

Medic24":3qefhyzv said:
Can I assume you used the open needle method of finding the veins or artery?
Medic if you are talking to me, than that is how I do it. Just remember to let up on the vein once you are in...or you get a little red in the face :shock:

I have never used the intra-nasal before, but it sure is nice. Deffinately easier then a shot on the animal. The vet showed me to pull back on the needle going in, when it hits the vein the blood comes back into the syringe - then push in the meds. I was scared of puncturing it in a way that it wouldn't close off and she would bleed to death right before my eyes. The vet said "ah, there ain't too much of a chance of that happening, but if it does you know not to do that again" I liked to fell out on that one :lol: BTW: She seems a lot better, I will take her temp once more Sat morning and if it's normal then she's getting kicked back out in the pasture with the others.