sick calves

Help Support CattleToday:

glover36

Reaction score
these run a temperature and then the have full bellies but appear not to be sucking udders full and the sway when they walk, and if you dont catch them fast enough they will start scouring and also they take a mintue to urinate just keep on going anyclue what this might be

glover36":2i1medsj said:
these run a temperature and then the have full bellies but appear not to be sucking udders full and the sway when they walk, and if you dont catch them fast enough they will start scouring and also they take a mintue to urinate just keep on going anyclue what this might be

I think that you are just catching the first symptoms of scours. Sounds like their stomachs aren't feeling good, and then they start to scour. I would get some scour pills into them at the first signs. Are you losing any? Calfspan are pretty good pills.

nope but see our vets cannont find the root problem they try different things they work then the virus gets a munnity or such to that and it doesnt affect them anymore

Well, if it is a virus affecting the calves, then antibiotics will not help against it. However, antibiotics will be useful against any secondary bacterial infections. Hope your vets figure out what is going on.

that one just died vet couldnt figure out what was wrong they took it today to open up my brother thinks it could be somethign wrong with its heart. vet came in the morning trried to pump its stomch and such died 15 mins later

Latest posts