Shrimps

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
I was in a store Friday and noticed these huge shrimp that were 7 shrimp per pound. Left the store but the image of these things on my plate made me go back and buy some. Anybody ever cook these before. I need some tips. I'm thinking steaming or sauteeing them with butter and lemon juice but am open to any suggestions. (once I locate my Bubba Gump Cookbook I'll be in bizness!)

Jogeephus":2dahqhl4 said:
I was in a store Friday and noticed these huge shrimp that were 7 shrimp per pound. Left the store but the image of these things on my plate made me go back and buy some. Anybody ever cook these before. I need some tips. I'm thinking steaming or sauteeing them with butter and lemon juice but am open to any suggestions. (once I locate my Bubba Gump Cookbook I'll be in bizness!)

These Tiger Prawns (shrimp) are great on the grill! After cutting the head off and removing the legs, place the shrimp on its back, slice it right down the center and lengthwise without cutting through the back shell. Lay it open and remove the vein.

Leaving that shell on the back, you can now baste this with your favorite sauce or just drawn butter with some light seasonings. Put on them on the grill and baste them as they cook. They don't take long (5 minutes or so). Leaving that shell on keeps them moist and keep your basteing sauce intact with the shrimp. Good eating!!!!

Jogeephus":1xpur49y said:
Jo
send me about 10lbs of those I really miss good fresh seafood

Angus Cowman":2ogsq529 said:
Jogeephus":2ogsq529 said:
Jo

I would BUT they are all gone. :p They were good. Now its time for a nap. :nod:

Jogeephus":cyiz9jmm said:
Angus Cowman":cyiz9jmm said:
Jo

I would BUT they are all gone. :p They were good. Now its time for a nap. :nod:
I see how ya are first cutting us out of the money from the Imbalancers and now you are just basking in the sun eating all the shrimp while us poor northerners are freezing

We had steak and prawns for supper last night and I just steamed them and we dipped them in butter. I needed an excuse to use the new butter warmers I bought.

The prawns were delicious and the steak was second to none.. :nod: We also had fresh green beans which was amazing, fresh beans in January, wow, what a treat that was.. :D

I just put mine in boiling water until they float and turn pink. We had some this weekend. I love shrimfs.

HD, I almost pulled out some ribeyes so we could have surf and turf. Like Lammie said, I love them shrimfs.

I think a heavenly meal would be these prawns, a basket of dungeoness crab, a ribeye, a twice baked potato, and some bread and a beverage or three to break it all down and help concrete down my nap. :nod:

Now I'm gonna have to go get some shrimps to go with the steak for supper. The shrimps will be frozen, like everything else in the country. :roll:

How about just boiled up and buttered or throw the shrimps in the skillet with the steak?

mnmtranching":2sjxzyol said:
Now I'm gonna have to go get some shrimps to go with the steak for supper. The shrimps will be frozen, like everything else in the country. :roll:

How about just boiled up and buttered or throw the shrimps in the skillet with the steak?

Don't put'em in with the steak you'll overcook'em....boil them just long enough to get them hot thru and thru (add a box of that cajun shrimp boil) and you'll have a fine meal.

Don't forget the sausage, corn and potatos in that pot with those shrumps!! That'll make you :banana:

Yogster":3sn1o8j8 said:
Don't forget the sausage, corn and potatos in that pot with those shrumps!! That'll make you :banana:

Sounds like the makings of a low country boil. :banana:

Mnmt, I steamed mine then tossed them in a skillet that was filled with heavily spiced butter and shook them around a bit. Don't know why I did it this way but it just seemed the thing to do at the time. They were good.

Joe that's what I did, kinda :cowboy: Except I thawed the shrimps in the Microwave then threw them in with the steaks, dipped the shrimps in melted butter, not bad at all. Then I dove into the medium rare rib eye. :D We don't got things so bad upnort.

this aint shrimp but it is gooooood
take fresh alaskan halibut chunk it up in about 1" chunks wrap in bacon hold bacon on with toothpicks add season salt and butter on big baking sheet put on grill and let cook til flaky about 10 minutes then take it off baking sheet put on grill for about 2 minutes and then take off and eat
mmmmmmmmmmmmm ggoooooooooooooodddddddddddddd
can eat enough that you are sick

Latest posts