Shows and Sales

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirlxupx1034

Reaction score
Hey everyone :) I haven't been on here in a while since I've been so busy with all my activities and school since our fair. Anways, tomarrow I'm going up to Rapid City to the WJ show/sale to hopefully find a calf. I'm planning to get a steer and 2 stocker-feeders in the spring. Anyone planning to head up there? Any comments?

Ok, update! I got a steer :) He's coming home tomarrow. He's an maine-anjou angus cross. He's 7 months old and he weighs 566. I'll post pictures for you guys to look at! He's already halter broke! :)

Who did you get him from. I know quite a few of those guys that show up there @ Rapid. What is his breeding?

cowgirlxupx1034":29innik1 said:
Ok, update! I got a steer :) He's coming home tomarrow. He's an maine-anjou angus cross. He's 7 months old and he weighs 566. I'll post pictures for you guys to look at! He's already halter broke! :)

7 months old and only weighs 566 ??????

Jovid":xn4phf8m said:
cowgirlxupx1034":xn4phf8m said:

That would make him a March baby. 566 is about right.

Colorado2008":20bkzprp said:
Jovid":20bkzprp said:
cowgirlxupx1034":20bkzprp said:

That would make him a March baby. 566 is about right.

I guess that's why I like my Red Poll calves they averaged 670 for their 205 day weights and they were March babies.

Colorado2008":2jvl7l93 said:
Who did you get him from. I know quite a few of those guys that show up there @ Rapid. What is his breeding?

I didn't know the guy's name, but his last name was Humble. He said he was from around Pierre and the sale sheet says Stanley. He's maine-anjou angus cross. His sire isn't a clubbie bull, but my steer's really nice if you ask me, I'll get pics tomarrow.

7 months old and only weighs 566 ??????[/quote]

I guess that's why I like my Red Poll calves they averaged 670 for their 205 day weights and they were March babies.[/quote]

These are club calves remember. That is the weight they need to be. Feedlot cattle are different and I congratulate you on your high weaning weights.

I promise I will tomarrow!! :) I've been so busy with volleyball and school and plus I usually don't get home till 6:45-7 :s. Please tell me your opinions on him when i get them!!

Latest posts