Showing off

Help Support CattleToday:

Thanks all. No, she isn't flighty at all - a genuine pet in the field. But, I do take that as quite a compliment.
Her mom was one of my donor cows. She got toxic mastitis when Yippee (this cow) was 5 days old. Vet saved her life, but her system had shut down for too long, and she started loosing her extremities. Ears, tail, bulbous part of her nose. Then she started to get lame. Calf was 4 months old. Vet said it had been plenty of time to clear the drugs out of her system, so cut my loss, he "assumed" she was going to lose her feet - I shipped her. I had been supplementing the calf with a bottle for the first 2 months, and we ended up showing Yippee. Last animal Ken showed - she won her division at KILE and we won Premier Breeder, Ken's most prized goal. Took him to the hospital next day.
Shoot - didn't mean to go there. Should erase it, but no.
Well, aren't I a downer. Good way to end this post. Good night.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":24tlr94w said:
Thanks all. No, she isn't flighty at all - a genuine pet in the field. But, I do take that as quite a compliment.
Her mom was one of my donor cows. She got toxic mastitis when Yippee (this cow) was 5 days old. Vet saved her life, but her system had shut down for too long, and she started loosing her extremities. Ears, tail, bulbous part of her nose. Then she started to get lame. Calf was 4 months old. Vet said it had been plenty of time to clear the drugs out of her system, so cut my loss, he "assumed" she was going to lose her feet - I shipped her. I had been supplementing the calf with a bottle for the first 2 months, and we ended up showing Yippee. Last animal Ken showed - she won her division at KILE and we won Premier Breeder, Ken's most prized goal. Took him to the hospital next day.
Shoot - didn't mean to go there. Should erase it, but no.
Well, aren't I a downer. Good way to end this post. Good night.

Not a downer. There is value in being spontaneous about something of value. Good night Jeanne.

What a cow!! You thinking of flushing her she looks like she could make some good ones!

Franke, yes, I have thought about it. But, it is so hard to take them out of sync. I know I can do IVF, but haven't heard a lot of good about conception, and poor conception will throw off my other cows. When I flushed her dam (and two other cows of mine), Hudson Pines would take the cow and her calf for a year. Flush every 60 days (5 flushes), breed her & return her to me to calve her out. I got embryos for the "lease".
Thank you for the compliment!!!

Latest posts