Showing my Age

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman":2418pt0a said:
dun":2418pt0a said:
kerley":2418pt0a said:
anyone remember, "One eyed one horned flying purple people eater"
I think that's the only song that Sheb Wooley ever made. I suppose if you're only going to do one you might as well make it a million seller

Sheb went on and wrote several songs and sang a few as Ben Colder.
Also acted in several cowboy movies,such as a regular in Rawhide,and also High Noon.
A great singer and actor.

Cal
Never realized the 2 were the same. Don;t recall anything that Ben Colder did, just recall the name

Caustic Burno":18uqulip said:
and blue law was in effect on Sunday's.
The government has worked hard to presucute Christians in this country it's the divide and conquer tactic. Life was much simpler then. I didn't have PC correctness cramed down my throat and I didn't even know what gay was much less have to see the immoral garbage on TV. The constitution was written by Christians that refused to be perscuted by government the very thing our founding fathers fought and paid for in blood has came full circle. At least I had the opportunity to be raised by the greatest generation of Americans and grow up in a time we were still supposed to be proud to be an American.

:nod: Yup.

Who was it----Bob Dylan? The times they are a changin'.

As to Tennessee Earnie Ford, yeah, that man could sing the heck out of Gospel.

Katherine

Caustic Burno":12wfxtyy said:
novatech":12wfxtyy said:
Just a little further back. How many grew up watching the "Hit Parade" with the "Lucky Strike" commercials. I would go back a little further but that is when we got our first hand me down TV.
Caustic; Remember having to take the tubes down to the local 7/11 and testing them.

How do I have to stick in the tube tester, you could also pick up a box of shotgun,22's or rifle if you shot what you were supposed to 30-30 or 30-06. The one that really chaped you is when you looked in the little box they were out of the tube you needed. Didn't really watch much TV in those days supposed to go to church Sunday Mornin and evening as well as wednesday. Little league didn't play or high school on days there was church and blue law was in effect on Sunday's.
The government has worked hard to presucute Christians in this country it's the divide and conquer tactic. Life was much simpler then. I didn't have PC correctness cramed down my throat and I didn't even know what gay was much less have to see the immoral garbage on TV. The constitution was written by Christians that refused to be perscuted by government the very thing our founding fathers fought and paid for in blood has came full circle. At least I had the opportunity to be raised by the greatest generation of Americans and grow up in a time we were still supposed to be proud to be an American.

Like Merle Hagard put it"The good times are over for good".

Cal

Caustic Burno":18fbrs4j said:
novatech":18fbrs4j said:
Just a little further back. How many grew up watching the "Hit Parade" with the "Lucky Strike" commercials. I would go back a little further but that is when we got our first hand me down TV.
Caustic; Remember having to take the tubes down to the local 7/11 and testing them.

How do I have to stick in the tube tester, you could also pick up a box of shotgun,22's or rifle if you shot what you were supposed to 30-30 or 30-06. The one that really chaped you is when you looked in the little box they were out of the tube you needed. Didn't really watch much TV in those days supposed to go to church Sunday Mornin and evening as well as wednesday. Little league didn't play or high school on days there was church and blue law was in effect on Sunday's.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

My nephew had a $hirt on the other day that had all kinds of designs in glitter on it. He asked me what I thought of his $hirt, and I said he kinda looked like Porter Wagner. Obviously he didn't know who I was talking about, and unless he Googles it, he probably never will.

upfrombottom":pep4aufv said:
My nephew had a $hirt on the other day that had all kinds of designs in glitter on it. He asked me what I thought of his $hirt, and I said he kinda looked like Porter Wagner. Obviously he didn't know who I was talking about, and unless he Googles it, he probably never will.
He always cracked me up with the fancy designs on the insides of his jackets. Especially the way he would pull one side open to show it off while he was singing