showing cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

when getting ready to go into the show ring is it better to glue and then use show foam on the hair or should you use foam then glue? I was just at my 4H show and the judge this year told us to use show foam and then glue, but last year the judge said to glue the hair then foam it.

> when getting ready to go into the
> show ring is it better to glue and
> then use show foam on the hair or
> should you use foam then glue? I
> was just at my 4H show and the
> judge this year told us to use
> show foam and then glue, but last
> year the judge said to glue the
> hair then foam it. This will be my 37th. year showing cattle and you'll find a lot of different opinions on how to do things. The main thing is to do YOUR HOMEWORK @ home before you ever get to the show. If you wash/rinse every day & get the hair broke properly then you can eliminate using some stuff. If your hair is broke you shouldn't have to use near as much of either product you discussed. We use nothing @ small shows cause our hair is already broke. If not broke then start with a lighter adhesive and finish with a heavier adhesive. Good luck & enjoy!!

[email protected]

I recommend using foam first and then glue. The order isn't as essential as the areas of application. Don't put foam where you intend to glue :ie the legs. The foam interferes with the holding power of the glue and you will have to use extra product to achieve the same effect.

[email protected]

Latest posts