Show your calf pictures.

Help Support CattleToday:

My #1 farm hand helping check one of the new ones.

This one has some really light blue/gray eyes. I was afraid she might be blind when I first saw her, but she sees just fine.

I haven't posted on here in a little while, so I thought that I would share some pictures. This heifer is a 4 month old AI sired calf. Her sire is Balmoral Elation, a Murray Grey bull that was imported from Australia in the early 1980s. She is the largest framed heifer in the calf crop, but we really like her depth for her age.
704_Heifer_4_months_.jpg

This heifer is out of our current herd bull, BB Uncle Tony. She was 78 lbs at birth and is 3 1/2 months old in this picture.
714_Heifer_3_5_months_1_.jpg

This heifer is also a daughter of Tony. She is 75% Murray Grey x 25% Angus and she also had a 78 lb birth weight. She is pictured at 2 months.
724_Heifer_2_months_.jpg

This bull was one of the first to hit the ground this spring. He is pictured at 4 1/2 months. He too is sired by BB Uncle Tony.
707_Bull_4_5_months_.jpg

This bull calf is out of one of our largest cows and sired by Tony. He was 288 days gestation, but born unassisted at 102 lbs. He was our heaviest calf to date. He is pictured here at 3 1/2 months.
723_Bull_3_5_months_1_.jpg

This last bull calf is 75% Murray Grey and 25% Angus. He is barely 4 months old in this photo.
717_Bull_4_months_1_.jpg

Dubcharo":1bc403wp said:

MVY Xplorer X WR Wrangler

SVY Grizzly X SLL 19X
Awesome calves. Wish I had the guts to pull the trigger on a char bull

Way behind on sharing photos this year. When I get some more time will try to share some more from this year's calves. Here's a heifer that we've been impressed with from the day she was born and she was easily the best calf at weaning as well. Her dam is nothing impressive to look at in the pasture as she's probably the lightest muscled cow in the herd. But the mating we've had with this bull and cow has been a home run 3 times now and this may be her best calf yet. She has 2 full sisters in our herd, the oldest has already made her mark with 2 nice calves.

25e.jpg

Her pedigree: http://www.herfnet.com/online/cgi-b...&5=2B3C2B3C3A&6=5A5D5A592521252022&9=505D5C5B