Show Team preparation.

Help Support CattleToday:

Australian Cattleman

Reaction score
Tenterfield,New England Region NSW,Australia
Been busy getting our cattle reading for the Royal Queensland Show in Brisbane in four months time. In between that we have our open day on farm at the end of June.
Have a couple of teams for Brisbane, 15 South Devons and 5 Red Brahmans. Have a very handy 3/4 South Devon steer who hopefully will do well. I have such large teams as we can't decide wich ones to leave at home. We have some handy cattle coming up in our two major breeds.
Been selling a few South Devon bulls over the past month or so.

Colin

Hi Colin!

11 months and counting until I get to fulfill my dream of going to Oz! I am hoping to stay for six weeks to attend the Royal Easter Show and Beef Australia 2006, as well as see some friends and more of the country. I can hardly wait!

Where are you at in Australia? Will you be at either of these shows?

You will enjoy Australia there are some very nice people here like there are in the US and Canada.
We live just east of a small town about 4,000 population called Tenterfield. It is on the New England Highway which is on the inland route from Brisbane to Sydney. Yes we will all going well have a team of about 15 South Devons at Beef 2006 in Rockhampton. We had very good feedback from when we went to Beef 2003.
Knowing how complacent most South Devon breeders are here in Australia we need to keep fying the flag hence the larger than should be necessary South Devon team.
We don't show our cattle at the Royal Easter Show these days. Most that attend that event wouldn't bother travelling the 700+ kilometres to look at our cattle at home. That is the main reason we show at Brisbane because its only about 300 kilometres away. More people from the northern part of NSW state go to Brisbane than Sydney. I doubt that we would have any Brahmans at Rockhampton. There will be plenty without our 4 or 5.
Contact me if you need any info or need a bed for a few days.
My dream one day is to get to the US and Canada.
Best Wishes
Colin
[email protected]

Thanks so much for the info! It is going to be a long year of waiting. :(

I also appreciate the offer of a place to stay. I would love to come visit and see your operation.

I must say, if Australia wasn't so far from Canada and my family, I would move there in a second. I love the people! We have been fortunate to host several Aussies over the years and every one of them left a life-long impression on me as a kid. Hopefully, I can catch up with a few of them while I am there!

Make it a great day!

Have our entries in for the Royal Queensland show in August.
Have 14 stud SDs and 3 Red Brahmans + one 3/4 SD steer. The show people tell us that a Shorthorn breeder from the US is to judge the South Devons,hope they know the breed.
Have a good team, its annoying when there is a judge that isn't familiar with a breed such as the South Devon.
Colin

What is the name of the Shorthorn breeder Collin?

Australian Cattleman":3dy2rz1r said:
the Shorthorn judge could be Toby Jordan
Wakaru Poll Shorthorns
Rensselaer Indiana
Hopefully he will be an OK judge as we have one of our best teams this year.

Colin

Wakaru has a good program and Toby is a good guy, don't know what he knows about your breed but I'll guarentee he will bone up before getting to the show.

Latest posts