September_goats_129.JPG

These three will be in the doe kid class against each other

Chardonnay

September_goats_132.JPG

Chelsea

September_goats_136.JPG

Chantilly

September_goats_141.JPG

It will be interesting to see what the judge makes of them. The kid does are just under 12 months, and they are three different types. Chardonnay has a very well styled fleece and fairly even, but lacks body, particularly spring of rib and fleshing ability. Chelsea has a reasonable body, is finer in micron than the others and the most even throughout the fleece. But she is smaller framed, and her mohair tends to be a bit fluffier than the others. She is also too muffled around the face. Chantilly is not the most stylish of does and not as even fleeced, tending to be slightly stronger in the neck, but she is a big long bodied doe and cuts more fleece than the others. Her horn set is less desirable also. So it will be very interested.

Will try and get photos of the other teams at some point (I also have my boers, work boers, contracted boers and work murray greys).

Hi Colin,

yes our heifer won the grand champ. female over the cow, and was only just beaten by the junior and grand bull for supreme. He was a bull with outstanding figures for weight (for age), fat and eye muscle, although I do believe our heifer was more balanced and structurally correct. We had an excellent judge who was very good at explaining his decisions.

I am in the process of uploading photos of the cattle, so they should be up today at some point.

The angoras went well, and although I was one of only two exhibitors I got very good feedback from the judge and handed out ALOT of business cards and made some good contacts.

In the doe kid class, Chardonnay was first, Chantilly second and Chelsea third. First placed over second for her superior style, even though second had a denser fleece. Similarly second placed over third for superior style, although third has a more even and just as dense fleece.

Levanna won the older doe class narrowly, for superior style but particularly for a higher quality belly than the doe in second, far greater belly coverage and high quality belly mohair. She also placed over Chardonnay for the supreme exhibit.

:lol: I clicked this thread and looked away from the monitor for a second and looked back like "Wh-what the? Angoras!" :)

I think they're pretty nice looking. We used to have some we planned to show, but could never get their paper work, and it was just way too hot that year and we kept having to shear them. Arizona valley is not the best place for Angoras.

Congrats with the show!

I'd be half tempted to name one "shaggy". :lol:

Latest posts