Show Supplies

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Hello! :D I am new at showing and my fair is coming up in a couple weeks. And i was wandering what supplies i would need for grooming and that kind of stuff. Any Help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! :)

Depends how in-depth you are and how serious the show is. You can just take some basics or you can go all out! Some basic things you will need are clippers, a blower, scotch combs, adhesives, touch up paint, hair popper... your best bet would be to find someone in your area that knows what they are doing to guide you and give you tips! That way you can actually watch them do it then try it yourself.

well is it a fit show or a blow and go?

if its a blow and go, get some sullivans pink oil, thats makes the hair kidna pop and add luster, and some zoom bloom
that will make it pop even more, dont use conditioner the day of the show, it makes it hard to work the hair. get a comb from sullivans, youll need that for either type of show.

for a fit show youll need adhesive, they sell that at sullivans, and if you have a black animal, some black magic for hooves. it makes them look nicer.

Hope i helped a little :)

Good luck at your show!

Obviously, clippers, blower, and such are a must. Personally, I like to wash real well and completely dry the night before. Then, I comb and blow in Revive©. The next day, I wash again and the Revive© adds pop and sheen to the hair. Either that, or you can use Kleen Sheen©/Vinegar mix or Zoom Bloom© the day of for a similar result. Then, you need Prime Time© adhesive for pulling the legs. If you have a black steer, I use White Touch-Up© to "bone" the legs and then paint over that with Black Touch-Up©. ONLY DO SO IF your show allows paints and adhesives. Then, about 5 to 10 minutes before we go into the ring, I spray on Pink Oil© and comb and blow that in for extra sheen. Don't put it on too heavy, however. A light coat will suffice. Do not put on the Pink Oil© if you used Kleen Sheen© or Zoom Bloom©. Finally, just have fun no matter what.

That's what i do as well, I show black heifers so i wash really well the night before, and blow dry really well.
Then the next moring i blow her ou real good, and spot wash if she layed in anything, and rinse, the revive works very well
for my heifers hair, but do NOT put it on the legs.

Latest posts