Show results

Help Support CattleToday:

AngusSenorita

Reaction score
Well I'm back from HOT. didn't do so hot

10th of 11 in the Jr. show and 10 of 10 in the jackpot show, they both said my steer could move up but he was too green at the time, witch is very true, he should be atleast 100 lbs heavier right now. I wanted to do showmanship

How did everyone else do?
I go back there on thursday for the lamb show

just a lil advice if he is too green right now. throw him out on a feeder and a round bale and let him eat all he can. is he going to ft worth or where? if so bring him back up in the barn about first or second week of december and start working the hair. good luck with him.

thanks

he is going to county, ft.worth and hopefully he sells there or else i will go to houston

I saw him and I think he's got all the right peices to make a pretty nice steer. I would just stick to grower with him and don't turn him out. I hit the middle of all my classes which is right where I expected to be and wanted to be.

Edit:spelling errors

thanks cowboy, I didn't realise we where stalled in the same row untill I saw you, I saw you show your shorthorn and waved to you later that day. Did you recognize me, it didn't look like you did lol

I think he is FINALLY eating good, I treated him the same way I treat my sheep for ulcers, I put them on hay and give them aeuromycin then put them back on grain and continue with the aueromycin which also prevents and controls liver absesses.

need to turn him out in a pen on a full feeder with finisher. not a huge pen but one where he can move around to keep him eating. if you leave him on grower now he will never get fat enough for ft. worth.

Texas26steerjock":36sab3yc said:
need to turn him out in a pen on a full feeder with finisher. not a huge pen but one where he can move around to keep him eating. if you leave him on grower now he will never get fat enough for ft. worth.

It's called add barley and a fat supplement. He will get to big on a feeder.

AngusSenorita":1gobrkce said:
Edit:spelling errors

thanks cowboy, I didn't realise we where stalled in the same row untill I saw you, I saw you show your shorthorn and waved to you later that day. Did you recognize me, it didn't look like you did lol

I think he is FINALLY eating good, I treated him the same way I treat my sheep for ulcers, I put them on hay and give them aeuromycin then put them back on grain and continue with the aueromycin which also prevents and controls liver absesses.

Yep, I recognized you, but I was so busy running back inforth between shows, I didn't have time to stop and chat.

AngusSenorita":2pmai84e said:
animals coming back from the HOT fairgrounds sick but I didn't really belive it, now I am all congested from the dust and nastyness in the air

That is why when we go to the buckle and the classic we stall outside. They have that dang carnival at HOt and we can't

Latest posts