Show pictures from here...

Help Support CattleToday:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Herefords
You can notice more of what you call here sway backs. I am a little bit confused with this topic as we have been breeding herefords for aprox. 150 years in natural grasslands with no problem, farms extensions are big so they walk a lot and pregnacies rates are in the up 90's %. But anyway, if there is something we should improve it must be done...

vista_hereford_a_remate_5.jpg

vista_hereford__6.jpg

Angus female jury

jurado_angus_11.jpg

vista_angus.jpg

L

That's a lot of bull!!! :D
Oh, so very colorfull!!! Great pics. My eyes are old, but I don't really see swayed backs in these pics.
So, your Red & Black Angus show together??
Are all your shows outdoors? What if it rains? Probably doesn't happen often.

Spare a thought for the judge that has to judge a class of bulls like in the first photo. :clap: I think its an excellent display of herefords.

I like the Palm Trees in the pics. Looks warm on a morning like this. The bulls look good too, of course.
What kind of grass is that that is so lush and green? It gives the appearance of a cool season grass, but if it grows beside palm trees is it a native warm season grass? And the exhibitors are wearing sweaters?
John

Wow, very nice cattle!! Looks so warm over there. I could be your swayback consultant. Buy me a ticket and i fly there for this winter and teach you the perfect structure of a Hereford cattle ;-)

I think many cattle looks swaybacked when they keep their head up... normally they eat from the ground and back looks good OR does American cattle allways move head up :lol: ??

Thanks gentlemen.

Indeed we judge red and black angus together as we don't have them separated as in the States.
The season of our National Show is just before spring. Spring starts here the 21 of september and the show starts the second week of september.

The grass is just native grass. The shows are ALWAYS outdoors, when it rains well, we just get soaked :D

Now we have been suffering a big drought but it has been raining during the last days so things are a little better now.

Next saturday it will take place the last annual meeting of the Angus Breeders Association at my facilities so I will be receiving around 100 angus breeders from all the country, we will have a big asado (barbacue). I will take pictures and I will share them with you later.

L

HerefordSire":2krd0slv said:
At the last show, were there any Remitall Online 122L sired bulls?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Yup, there were are several sons of him at the show...

We have done lots of embryos using that bull, so I think we will see them more often in the near future.

L

Lorenzo":2dhi6zfo said:
HerefordSire":2dhi6zfo said:
At the last show, were there any Remitall Online 122L sired bulls?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Yup, there were are several sons of him at the show...

We have done lots of embryos using that bull, so I think we will see them more often in the near future.

L

Have you heard of any health issues with his sons?

Lorenzo":1r2no4rk said:
No not at all. What health issues should I look for ???

L

I have heard several things but I have not seen any proof. I have several of his daughters and have not heard complaints about the daughters. I am not exactly sure if he is dead or what he died from, kind of like Elvis. You can probably do a search here to find some chatter concerning him. He might even be grazing in Uruguay, so they could bump the semen price up higher than it was. Semen here for most Herefords is crazy, not to mention certificates. I can surely see why Herefords are fading away in America. I think the Association here should disband and make all the records public and then allow restructuring to occur where the smaller guys have an equal opportunity (voice). I am not sure if it is greed though (high semen price), but they purposely decrease sales volume by raising the price.

Don't know he but several of his sons sure a grassing in Uruguay.. :D
I have one semen straw left at the lab, it has been in the bottom of a tank for the last two years I think.

To be honest I have not heard anything wrong but I shall do a little search to see if anyone else heard something about that health issue.

L

HerefordSire":1on8ymv1 said:
Lorenzo":1on8ymv1 said:
No not at all. What health issues should I look for ???

L

I can surely see why Herefords are fading away in America. I think the Association here should disband and make all the records public and then allow restructuring to occur where the smaller guys have an equal opportunity (voice). I am not sure if it is greed though (high semen price), but they purposely decrease sales volume by raising the price.[/i]

And I am sure YOU would be: for the right price, just the guy to get the whole American Hereford Assn back on the right track. Why don't you admit that that or something like that is your REAL agenda. You always seem to gravitate back to that theme or something very similar. If you want a job at the AHA why not just go apply. Be sure and let them know how totally screwed up they are when you do. I bet they are just waiting for you to solve ALL their problems.

Latest posts