Show me your herd bull

Help Support CattleToday:

He is long fronted, well muscled and long bodied. I would be concerned that he is post legged. His rear legs appear to be too straight and his shoulder looks too straight - no angle. But, these are pictures and they don't always show the truth.

He is long fronted, well muscled and long bodied. I would be concerned that he is post legged. His rear legs appear to be too straight and his shoulder looks too straight - no angle. But, these are pictures and they don't always show the truth.
Thanks for the eval. For straight do you worry more about long term breeding or calf quality?

BOTH - post legged is about the worse leg structure for a cow or bull. It hurts most all the time - they have no cushion when they walk. The bends at the joints cushion their weight. Post legged is bone straight down on bone. Sickle hocked is a structural defect, but it rarely causes an animal to be culled. Just looks bad.

He's got some problems. Roaches up in the back and pinched in the heart girth as well as the rear leg structure and lack of shoulder angle. His structural issues help contribite to his top line issues. I would keep looking.

Latest posts