Show me your herd bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Chapin, is he a registered Brahma? Or is he a Indu-Brasille? Are there Brahma seed stock producers in that country, or do you import them?

Also are you seeing any Chianina in your area? For a several years now, I have been sending Chianina bulls to my Mexican broker in Chihuahua. Mexico, who is selling them in Guatemala, Venezuela and Brazil. Last month I sent him 3 Chiania x Charbray bulls too, and he said he could use some more like that. What is your opinion of using Chianina and/or Char bulls in your area? I can see the Chi's working out great. They are every bit as heat, parasite and insect tolerant as Brahma, and they are known travelers, but I would think not so much pb Chars. Do you think a Char bull would thrive and be able to cover ground enough to be of use in your country?
So this is what I learned from an acquaintance: a breeder in Guatemala by the last name Ponciano breeds them down there, but my acquaintance said they are big and complex to maintain on grass only. But I didn't ask if this was the USA-bred Chiania cattle or those bred in Guatemala.

So this is what I learned from an acquaintance: a breeder in Guatemala by the last name Ponciano breeds them down there, but my acquaintance said they are big and complex to maintain on grass only. But I didn't ask if this was the USA-bred Chiania cattle or those bred in Guatemala.
Is it difficult and/or costly to import cattle from the USA to there?

Is it difficult and/or costly to import cattle from the USA to there?
Importing is not hard, documents, vaccines quarantine not a big deal I think. cost I have no idea definitely not cheap. I'm assuming they would have to flown in a cargo plane. Hauling/driving them through Mexico I think would be a pain/headache too much corruption on the road. The last time I drove through Mexico we had to pay a toll at every check point. If you didn't you would be pulled to the side empty out your vehicle and searched, searched until they were sure you didn't carry anything illegal and then be on your way. You were better paying the toll which was maybe $5 US dollars. Oh and no coins, only paper. 😂

Importing is not hard, documents, vaccines quarantine not a big deal I think. cost I have no idea definitely not cheap. I'm assuming they would have to flown in a cargo plane. Hauling/driving them through Mexico I think would be a pain/headache too much corruption on the road. The last time I drove through Mexico we had to pay a toll at every check point. If you didn't you would be pulled to the side empty out your vehicle and searched, searched until they were sure you didn't carry anything illegal and then be on your way. You were better paying the toll which was maybe $5 US dollars. Oh and no coins, only paper. 😂
Why only paper money, do you think?

Why only paper money, do you think?
Back in the day the Mexican peso was also available in coins I don't know if it has changed. 😂 so…… they would prefer paper currency so it can be put in their wallets quietly 😂 coins tend to make too much noise when you walk plus their pants pockets would be heavier.🤣.

Back in the day the Mexican peso was also available in coins I don't know if it has changed. 😂 so…… they would prefer paper currency so it can be put in their wallets quietly 😂 coins tend to make too much noise when you walk plus their pants pockets would be heavier.🤣.
Ok. Makes sense. I was thinking they might want gold instead of paper because of counterfeit.

Right,, Beefmaster will put on a pretty decent hair coat..but I wouldnt want too much Brahman influence above the Alabama state line..up here 1/4 Brahman influence does best..
They haul the Lasater Beefmasters from South Texas to Colorado and vice versa. Pretty hard to argue with it when the foundation herd is pretty much walking the walk.

Latest posts