show heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

wpenrod

Reaction score
I have lived on a grain farm my who life and have also worked on my uncles dairy farm. I was a 10 year 4H member and I showed pigs dairy and dairy beef. This summer I decided to start my own beef herd. I started off with 2 heifers that I bought from the sale barn, they are cross breds but are herford looking. A few months later I bought a regesterd lim cow and calf, the calf his half angus, and then earlier this week I bought another heifer. I have a younger brother that is still in 4H and is going to show her. I feel she has to most potential to compete out of the heifers I have. I was wanted to get some openions and see what people thought of her and to see if she would be able to compete at all this summer. Thanks in advance for any openions!

just wondering... where did you get her from?? she's a very nice clean heifer. and very flashy. i like her alot.

The guys name is Chris Marshall, He lives in Seymour Indiana. I found her listed on another forum.

i was just wondering because she looked like one i had seen in alabama. but she is a very nice heifer. well put together and should do very good in the show ring. very clean lines and a good depth. and i love blue roans ao that will catch the judges eye. if you don't want to show her or your younger brother... send her down my way!! :D [i have a blue roan steer they'd make a cute pair]

i was just wondering because she looked like one i had seen in alabama. but she is a very nice heifer. well put together and should do very good in the show ring. very clean lines and a good depth. and i love blue roans ao that will catch the judges eye. if you don't want to show her or your younger brother... send her down my way!! :D [i have a blue roan steer they'd make a cute pair]

haha na I think Ill keep her. I think she looks better everytime I go to the barn. Hope she keeps it up, thanks for the coments

Hard to say based on the photo. Do you have any pics that haven't been modified? Maybe another side view and one from the rear.

here is a pic of her from the other side, i dont have one from the back yet

She looks like she'll be a hard doer (kind of a shorthorn trait if you ask me). They look nice when young and go downhill after that.

TNMasterBeefProducer":jc3nappr said:
iowahawkeyes":jc3nappr said:
She looks like she'll be a hard doer (kind of a shorthorn trait if you ask me). They look nice when young and go downhill after that.

Ding ding ding ding. We have a winner.

I agree to a certain extent. But with right amount and brand of feed I think she will do just fine.

Latest posts