Show Heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

Here's a picture of the calf that was under the "Show Calves" page. I'm assuming this is your show calf for this year?

commandoheifer2.jpg

If so, I think it's a pretty little calf. How old is it in the picture?

the one on the home page!!!!!!! the one on the show calf page is one we got rid of!!!!!!!! so check out the one on the home page!!!!!!!!!!!

The calf you "got rid of" is better than the one on the front page.

BTW, hope you didn't spend alot of money on that website. :roll:

crocker08":2fbc9ata said:
why do you say that!!!!!!!! i got 2nd place with the calf in houston and i got 1st place in ft worth!!!!!!

I don't care where she placed. She is pinched in the heart and coarse shouldered. Look at the calf in the other picture, where are the flaws there?

And you should really proof read your site before you publish it to the web :roll: This page in particular http://mysite.verizon.net/res1p0du/id1.html

crocker08":oxtu3zi1 said:
so what kind of cows do you like!!!!!!

I'm not in an area where I need the heat tolerance of the eared cattle. I figure also target a different market than you do.

I like a deep chested, long bodied, square hipped commercial cow. Usually quite a bit of simmental influence with a bit of maine and hereford tossed in. I'll be adding some red angus into the crossbreeding cluster this year too.

thank you for your comments. i am fixing to go to our country fair next week!!!!!! this calf has done really good everyone is impress with her!!!! and on top of that she bred the first time!!!!! so that is really good!!!!! so thank you for your comments!!!!

crocker08":251w05bn said:
thank you for your comments. i am fixing to go to our country fair next week!!!!!! this calf has done really good everyone is impress with her!!!! and on top of that she bred the first time!!!!! so that is really good!!!!! so thank you for your comments!!!!

If she is bred now how old is she in the picture? Do you have a more recent photo?

The one on the homepage is very pinched in the heart. I have to say I am also partial to the one you got rid of. Good luck with this new calf!

crocker08":1hzi5112 said:
that pic of that calf is a old calf! here is the calf go the to my website at http://mysite.verizon.net/res1p0du/index.html this is a pic of her at 8 months and she weigh 750lbs at 8 months

Sorry for my confusion. The new heifer looks really stout and has good performance. She has a lot of depth of flank and middle. I would like to see a little more depth to her fore rib and she gets a little bold in her shoulder. I do like her. None of them are perfect. Good luck.

I think you have very nice animals. Congrats on your win!

Alice

Alice":oomeo4hz said:
I think you have very nice animals. Congrats on your win!

Alice

I think this is the best post so far. Whether or not you may have liked the animals, you have refrained from beating them down. Thankyou for your kindness.

Latest posts