show heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

[email protected]

Reaction score
lilly2.jpg

What do you think about the heifer she is a 4/25/05? This picture was taken around 1/16/06. She will be at the Kentucky Beef Expo this weekend a show/sell, how do you all think she will do?

[email protected]":1zdboo6e said:
lilly2.jpg

What do you think about the heifer she is a 4/25/05? This picture was taken around 1/16/06. She will be at the Kentucky Beef Expo this weekend a show/sell, how do you all think she will do?

See you there....I am headed that way today

Ah. Like I said before I like her. Hope she does well for you. I really like her extended, real feminine front end.

Ryan

I really like her, down here in Florida you would do really well with her.

Good luck. She's a decent heifer, got a nice coat of hair to her. Got a nice top and a pretty front but she's a little late in that tailhead it looks like and I'd like to drop that flank out some. She's also just a tad fine boned for my tastes but that's just me bein nit picky. You should do well with her. Again, good luck!

She looks like what I would call an "old style" Limi heifer. It looks like she rolls out of the hip and like others have commented i would like to see her standing on more bone substance and show some more depth of flank. It's hard to tell for sure by the picture, but i imagine when you stand behind her she's got the old limi style "bubble" butt and when you look down her top she probably roaches up in the hip. Probably a fair amount of fullbloodd influence. Who's the sire/dam?

Her sire goes back to Wulfs Rambler. Her sire is just our herd bull and her dam isnt out of any big named stuff either. The only reason why I put her in the sale is I plan on doing this and I wanted to get my name out there before I put an animal in a sell that is out of an AI sire, because I would have more money in them to lose if they didnt sell good. I was very proud of her She was the last heifer to sale and she ended up bringing $1575 I was expecting about a thousand maybe a little over, so when I was coming out of the sale ring I was smiling from ear to ear!! I have 2 heifers and a bull that I plan to put in a sale in the last of May and needing some advice on feed . What is the best feed to get cattle to grow and fatten up. All info is welcome.