show heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

[email protected]

Reaction score
lilly2.jpg

What do you think about the heifer she is a 4/25/05? This picture was taken around 1/16/06. She will be at the Kentucky Beef Expo this weekend a show/sell, how do you all think she will do?

Jovid

Reaction score
[email protected]":1zdboo6e said:
lilly2.jpg

What do you think about the heifer she is a 4/25/05? This picture was taken around 1/16/06. She will be at the Kentucky Beef Expo this weekend a show/sell, how do you all think she will do?

See you there....I am headed that way today

Ryan

Reaction score
Ah. Like I said before I like her. Hope she does well for you. I really like her extended, real feminine front end.

Ryan

LaurenE

Reaction score
I really like her, down here in Florida you would do really well with her.

jaydill

Reaction score
Good luck. She's a decent heifer, got a nice coat of hair to her. Got a nice top and a pretty front but she's a little late in that tailhead it looks like and I'd like to drop that flank out some. She's also just a tad fine boned for my tastes but that's just me bein nit picky. You should do well with her. Again, good luck!

J.R.

Reaction score
She looks like what I would call an "old style" Limi heifer. It looks like she rolls out of the hip and like others have commented i would like to see her standing on more bone substance and show some more depth of flank. It's hard to tell for sure by the picture, but i imagine when you stand behind her she's got the old limi style "bubble" butt and when you look down her top she probably roaches up in the hip. Probably a fair amount of fullbloodd influence. Who's the sire/dam?

OP
B

[email protected]

Reaction score
Her sire goes back to Wulfs Rambler. Her sire is just our herd bull and her dam isnt out of any big named stuff either. The only reason why I put her in the sale is I plan on doing this and I wanted to get my name out there before I put an animal in a sell that is out of an AI sire, because I would have more money in them to lose if they didnt sell good. I was very proud of her She was the last heifer to sale and she ended up bringing $1575 I was expecting about a thousand maybe a little over, so when I was coming out of the sale ring I was smiling from ear to ear!! I have 2 heifers and a bull that I plan to put in a sale in the last of May and needing some advice on feed . What is the best feed to get cattle to grow and fatten up. All info is welcome.