Show Heifer (Updated Pic)

Help Support CattleToday:

Snider_Angus":3aq8t8dl said:
Keren":3aq8t8dl said:
Show_Heifer.jpg

She is definately a powerful looking female and SHOULD start winnin some shows for you. I like how clean her front is,really nice, and she is full of body... I also think that when you pull her legs up it will make her look a lot more powerful. She is very eye appealing and i could spot that Limmy in her from a mile away by lookin at that head. Good Luck with her

Did you spot the Limmy in that bull in your avatar? :lol2:

Thanks braunvieh and Snider, This heifers dam is out of the bull on your avtar Snider. I own that bull with another ranch in Texas and he is here at my place. His daughters make great cows. A full sister to this heifers dam won the Alabama State Limousin show last year. We are hoping this will be a repeat performance for our heifer but you never know. Thanks again, Bill

Circle H Ranch

RD-Sam":33nbzrbu said:
Snider_Angus":33nbzrbu said:
Keren":33nbzrbu said:

She is definately a powerful looking female and SHOULD start winnin some shows for you. I like how clean her front is,really nice, and she is full of body... I also think that when you pull her legs up it will make her look a lot more powerful. She is very eye appealing and i could spot that Limmy in her from a mile away by lookin at that head. Good Luck with her

Did you spot the Limmy in that bull in your avatar? :lol2:

:lol: cant say that i did.

http://www.ranchers.net/photopost/data/ ... months.jpg

Hello Everyone. Thanks again for all the comments good and bad when I started this post back in Dec. I wanted to post an updated pic of our heifer. She is a year old today and I also wanted to update you on her weights. We feel like she has come a long way to get where she is today. Her weights are as follows... BW 64 AWW 697 and she should adjust to around 1117 on YW. We weighed her 11 days ago and she weighed 1085. She has gained just under 2.9 pounds per day since the day she was born. I would welcome any and all comments and thank you in advance.

Circle H Ranch

She's a really nice heifer. I thinks she's still a little green in this pic. but later down the road when you get some finish on her she'll look pretty good and be at the top of her class. One other thing is you might want to watch her neck, she is starting to get a little leather through there so make sure you keep a neck sweat on her if she gets any worse. Judges really like heifers to be feminine through there neck. Good luck with her!

Hey everyone, Thanks for you posts/comments. We did attend the state show this weekend. We got home late tonight. We didnt do as well as I had hoped but we did finish second in our class which is not too bad. We had the youngest heifer in the Limi show and when she entered the ring she was the heaviest heifer in her class. I actually thought we could have won our class but we were out gunned for sure by a heifer in the last class that was very correct and was HUGE. I dont know what age she was exactly but our heifer weighed around 1150 and she dwarfed us. Im guessing around 1600-1700 pounds just by looking. The competition was quite a bit tougher than it has been in the past in the Limi show this year. All in all our calf should make a great cow and I have a couple of people interested in her now already so she will probably have a new home in the coming months. My youngest daughter and I had a great time developing her and Rachel ended the year on a great note by winning her division in Rookie Showmanship. Im going to put up some breeding info and info on her sire on another on another post following this one. Thanks again for all your comments.

Circle H Ranch

I weaned a heifer back the middle of December out of the same sire as Bill's heifer, she looks very similar and ratioed a 102 against another heifer sired by Predestined. both heifers mid 5 frame, both cows 878 daughters. Post a pic of the sire again Bill. :banana:

wrong color for my herd (that's just me), but I do like her build and think she looks great.. she's got a nice head too, which to me is usually the first thing I see (my cows are always looking at me)

she's also full bodied from front to back, which is nice

good work!

Latest posts