Show Heifer (Updated Pic)

Help Support CattleToday:

Show_Heifer.jpg

I saw her yesterday, she has a nice wide butt. Really nice heifer, congrats Bill!

i like her, she's nicely balanced and got a lot of eye appeal
good job :clap:

I like the heifer ,she has plenty of size and frame to make a nice brood cow later in life . She has good eye appeal and is correct as well. She will do good in the show , but will do great in the cowherd later down the road. it is good to see a prospect this good with the potential as a great producing female all in one package . She must be from a strong bloodline or a powerful sire family . :cowboy:

very nice heifer. long bodied does look to have a good hip on her. should do well in shows and be a good momma one day. very nice smooth front. hope you do good with her. no reason you shouldnt!

OK Im going to post a little info and breeding on this heifer and see if I can spark a few more comments. Thanks for all your comments no matter if they were good, bad or ugly !! I appreciate them all.

The heifer in this post is a LimFlex 50. Angus sired out of a Limousin female. She weighed 620 at weaning which was at around 6 months old. She has a 697 adj. weaning weight. No creep just pasture and mama. We weighed her last week when she was just a few days past 8 1/2 months and she weighed 815. She has gained 195 pounds in the last 9 weeks and that includes going through weaning and halter breaking. Thats around 3.1 ADG. She has really put on body during the last month. We are kinda excited about her and hope that she holds together between now and State Show time. I plan to have her weighing around 1200-1250 by March if I can. She is Homozygous black by pedigree and could be Homozygous polled as well. I will test her a little later to see. We have weaned 4 half paternal brothers that weaned from 630 to 665 that were just under 205 days that were raised in the same conditions and they all look really good. I will post sire and dam info a little later. Thanks, Bill

by blackcowz on Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:45 pm

Holy Smoke! For a Limflex with no creep, that's really good. Good luck with her. I'd venture to say you could expect big things outs that there girl.

Thanks Blackcowz, we are kinda excited about her. I was hoping Snider Angus might post. She traces back to the bull on Sniders avtar. Thanks everyone for your comments

Circle H Ranch

My pleasure. You just happen to have anything in mind for what you're gonna breed her to?

I havent given it a lot of thought yet. it will be at least 6-7 months before we breed her I guess. Would have been better I guess if she had been fall born and had a big calf in her at state show time but thats not the case. I will need also to look at EPD`s when I make my breeding decisions. Being out of a new bull she only has a milk EPD right now but I am looking for that to change in a few days when we have another EPD update. She is a 33 on milk EPD. Extremely high for a Limousin or Limousin cross. I feel like she will make a great cow. I just hope she holds together. I will let you know or post on here when I decide what Im going to use on her. Thanks, Bill

Circle H Ranch

I would seriously consider breeding her back to Baxter, no chance of being too inbred with her being a cross, plus that would put you one step closer to having progeny to be registered as Lim.

Keren":1ah2c0vu said:

She is definately a powerful looking female and SHOULD start winnin some shows for you. I like how clean her front is,really nice, and she is full of body... I also think that when you pull her legs up it will make her look a lot more powerful. She is very eye appealing and i could spot that Limmy in her from a mile away by lookin at that head. Good Luck with her

Latest posts