Show feed/feeding prior to a bull sale ?

Help Support CattleToday:

Richnm

Reaction score
I have a couple bulls going to a sale in January. One is built like a tank ( Net Worth bloodlines ) , the other is flatter ( Enhance son). Will show feeds make a difference ? Which is the best one? Any tips ? I have been feeding rained on alfalfa and 12 lbs of corn each per day. Thanks.

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
Yes, you can get a bigger gut with feed (beet pulp/Ultra Full/Depth Charge) - but - won't change a lot if they don't have the natural ability to have the volume. Good dry GRASS hay will give them a good gut. They do not need Alfalfa hay - too high in protein. You are decreasing their gut with high protein. WSC is a good grain feed. I show, do well, but definitely not in the top end of "knowing all the tricks of the trade". I do well with natural genetics.

OP
R

Richnm

Reaction score
Yes, you can get a bigger gut with feed (beet pulp/Ultra Full/Depth Charge) - but - won't change a lot if they don't have the natural ability to have the volume. Good dry GRASS hay will give them a good gut. They do not need Alfalfa hay - too high in protein. You are decreasing their gut with high protein. WSC is a good grain feed. I show, do well, but definitely not in the top end of "knowing all the tricks of the trade". I do well with natural genetics.
What is your preferred way to use Ultra Full and Depth Charge? One has great volume the other not so much. Thanks

TexasBred

Reaction score
Larger and fuller on sale day I assume. Eight up until then. I have 90 days.
Beet pulp should help out as it has a lot of "Fill", is digested slowly and will also work to solidify the manure. It's a good product, very digestible low protein and has it's place in the diet. Some wet it but I would feed it dry.

MurraysMutts

Reaction score
Hmmm.

How many feed bunks do u expect your bulls to breed?

I'm just bustin ya ballz bud.
From what I've seen, the animals u say need feed, most folks would say are over fed.
How bout some pics of those 2 boys?

Last edited:
OP
R

Richnm

Reaction score
Hmmm.

How many feed bunks do u expect your bulls to breed?

I'm just bustin ya ballz bud.
From what I've seen, the animals u say need feed, most folks would say are over fed.
How bout some pics of those 2 boys?
I will get some tomorrow or Sunday

OP
R

Richnm

Reaction score
This is the only formula around here besides what they sell at TSC and Big R. $12 for 50 lbs

Attachments

• 0FE95D53-F807-4C4C-A42B-BFD525B16E22.jpeg
    0FE95D53-F807-4C4C-A42B-BFD525B16E22.jpeg
    255.8 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts