Show day today

Help Support CattleToday:

Fire Sweep Ranch

Reaction score
We drug out six head today to a local show. All stuff born on our place but one. We are pretty happy with how the kids did

Here is our Feb bull, he won Reserve Champion Simmental Bull. He was beat by his brother, a red version of him with just a little less navel. Just said it was the Navel that made the difference, and the other bull went on to win Supreme Bull so we are happy to be beat by the Supreme Bull
steel_ash_grove.jpg

This is our son, 9, showing a half blood simmental. Her dam is a Pioneer Angus first calf heifer, and this heifer was 45 pounds at birth. She won Reserve Champion Percentage Simmental heifer today, and our son was VERY happy!
taylor_ash_grove.jpg

This is our middle daughter showing her half blood heifer. She loves to show her because she has a great personality. Her other heifer, a purebred I did not picture, won her class and was in the drive for Champion Simmental female. She was proud. She was also reserve for showmanship.
margo_ash_grove.jpg

Our oldest also had a nice bred and owned purebred April heifer that won Reserve Champion Simmental heifer, so we had a great day today!

Fantastic! :clap: Cattle and kids all look great!
Can you send them to Cali to give me a hand at our State Fair!? :D

Congratulations , a lot of hard work went into this group I am sure !
Lots to be proud of , the kids and the cattle :tiphat:

Sounds like you did very well, great pictures of all of them!

Also, I like that they're shown slick, and not all puffy groomed, I can see how the animal really looks

Congrats, gotta love when you win with calves you raised yourself and didn't have to go out and spend big money on a fancy show calf. Anyone can go out and buy a competitive show animal but takes some extra work to raise one then feels great when you know you are doing it right.

Latest posts