Show day prep

Help Support CattleToday:

braunvieh

Reaction score
I would love to hear what you all do on the day of the show and how early you start. We are quite new to showing and fitting. Seem to have the clipping down pretty good but need some help prepping the calves on show day. If you could please share what you put in the hair, the order, etc, I would really appreciate it. I will tell you what we do and please critique.

At home for daily hair work -- Kleen Sheen/vinegar/infusium mix, roto brush on legs. Spray in olive oil/pink oil and blow.

At show, wash day before show, rinse day of show. Some use revive but we don't. We have used Zoom Bloom on show day, and then Final Bloom, and that was it for the body, but wasn't wow'd by that. We did pull legs and do tailheads and tails and all that too, but not sure if you should do legs/tails first or last.

Thanks for the help!

Show day, rinse real good and blowout completely. Do not put anything in the hair. Products with oil in it can prevent the adhesive from working as well as it should. The dust will also stick to it in the hair.

2 hrs before show get calves up, blowout, show foam the body, comb up at 45/. Pull the legs and fix the tail head, paint if needed. Put show halter on, then just before you head to the ring use your zoom bloom or final bloom, gently blow it in. Water the calf, head for the ring.

I agree with VCC, however it depends on where you are if adhesives are allowed or not.

Latest posts