Show 2010

Help Support CattleToday:

I really like her, is she out of a Meyer? Clean lines and smooth-he will do very very well with her. Good luck.
Just noticed one thing, I would pull the hair up on the front legs a little more.

Okie403":1lsou5x0 said:
Here's the girl my son has picked for the Spring 2010 shows. THoughts??

Shes a nice level, square, clean fronted, long heifer.

How do we really know what she look like as this photo appears to be another photo shop touched up pic.

Take a picture of he standing out in the pasture without a halter on and then we will be able to tell more.

Jovid":1e6gdcjv said:
How do we really know what she look like as this photo appears to be another photo shop touched up pic.

Take a picture of he standing out in the pasture without a halter on and then we will be able to tell more.
:lol2: I was really just wondering whos website they got the picture off of.

tobytonya":3gof212x said:
I really like her, is she out of a Meyer? Clean lines and smooth-he will do very very well with her. Good luck.
Just noticed one thing, I would pull the hair up on the front legs a little more.

She's not fitted, just a pic out in the pasture.

iowahawkeyes":1210qvvu said:
tobytonya":1210qvvu said:

Looks pretty fitted to me or maybe her tail head always looks like that running in the pasture.

The photo shop job wasn't very good as you can see parts of the halter on the top of her head.

Why do you feel like you have to touch up a photo? Why not just let us see them as they are.

Jovid, I bet the picture is from a sale catalog or something. It's alright...

I really doubt its been photoshopped much. Probably just to remove the halter, dirt in place,etc. Not that I'm saying that's right, but I'm definitely not the one to say its wrong. She's not been fitted, just looks like they roughed her out. I would bet shes not that much different from the picture, but that picture is a whole lot more professional for advertising and such, so that is probably why they had the halter removed and color enhanced.

Back to subject at hand, very nice above average heifer, your son picked very wisely!

I really like her. Looks like she has a lot a promise. I hope your son has a fun and successful show career with her.

Ryan

iowahawkeyes":2s883po8 said:
tobytonya":2s883po8 said:

HAHAHAHA!!! That's a great one!!! :lol2: :lol2:

Killala":1w8vb70w said:
iowahawkeyes":1w8vb70w said:
tobytonya":1w8vb70w said:

HAHAHAHA!!! That's a great one!!! :lol2: :lol2:
whatever :roll: :roll:

What does it really matter if the pich has been photoshoped, with photoshop you can only do so much anyhow. The heifer hasnt been fitted just a good rough out job. And my final question for all the naysayers have you ever pictured catttle for a cataloge. This heifer could very well be in a picture pen and worked untill she cooperated for the picture. It seems that many of you on this board have no clue as to the effort that many people put into the marketing of their product, untill you do one should not comment on how an animal is presented.

Chi496":11de19yz said:
What does it really matter if the pich has been photoshoped, with photoshop you can only do so much anyhow. The heifer hasnt been fitted just a good rough out job. And my final question for all the naysayers have you ever pictured catttle for a cataloge. This heifer could very well be in a picture pen and worked untill she cooperated for the picture. It seems that many of you on this board have no clue as to the effort that many people put into the marketing of their product, untill you do one should not comment on how an animal is presented.

And learn spell check... :roll:

Chi496":1zyodr80 said:

If you think you can only do so much with photoshop check out what Ryan did in this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=55761

I understand cleaning and posing an animal for a pic but I don't believe in touching up a photo even for a sale catalog or advertisement.

Jovid":2d7lnuf7 said:
... I don't believe in touching up a photo even for a sale catalog or advertisement.

Why not? As long as you are not altering the animal any when touching up the photo, why not make the picture look as good as possible? Isn't that good marketing and business? Since you have not altered the animal any, you are still being honest, and by removing any clutter or distractions from the picture you are putting more focus on the animal. Not only does it make the photo look better, it allows the person viewing the photo a great opportunity to analyze the animal, without their eyes being pulled away to something else in the photo.

Example: In the photo I did the touch-up work on in the thread you posted a link to, I did not alter the animal in any way. However, now you can better see her horns (length and shape) due to the removal of all the trees in the background. All that was done in that photo is backround removal. Which is pretty basic for Photoshop.

Ryan

Ryan":2qcfsn3e said:
Jovid":2qcfsn3e said:
... I don't believe in touching up a photo even for a sale catalog or advertisement.

Why not? As long as you are not altering the animal any when touching up the photo, why not make the picture look as good as possible? Isn't that good marketing and business? Since you have not altered the animal any, you are still being honest, and by removing any clutter or distractions from the picture you are putting more focus on the animal. Not only does it make the photo look better, it allows the person viewing the photo a great opportunity to analyze the animal, without their eyes being pulled away to something else in the photo.

Example: In the photo I did the touch-up work on in the thread you posted a link to, I did not alter the animal in any way. However, now you can better see her horns (length and shape) due to the removal of all the trees in the background. All that was done in that photo is backround removal. Which is pretty basic for Photoshop.

Ryan

Altering the background is not the issue it's when they start altering the animal. When a photo has been altered there is no way of knowing if the animal was touched up. That is why I like to see pictures of cattle in their working clothes and not altered.

Jovid":263ggfnp said:
Ryan":263ggfnp said:
Jovid":263ggfnp said:

Ryan

Altering the background is not the issue it's when they start altering the animal. When a photo has been altered there is no way of knowing if the animal was touched up. That is why I like to see pictures of cattle in their working clothes and not altered.

I understand where you are coming from. I understand that when the background is changed people will say to themselves (or others) "if the background is altered, is the animal, too?" That is where trusting the person who took and altered the picture comes in. However, why must they be "in their working clothes"? If I have a show heifer for sale, wouldnt it be best to fit her as if she was ready for a show? If I have a product I am trying to move (cattle, cars, gidgets, widgets, etc...), I would want to present it in the best light I can.

Ryan

Latest posts