shoulder joint problem

Help Support CattleToday:

pappy6

Reaction score
Once again I ask for your advice/experience on a health question...I have a mature cow that probably doesn't weigh 1000 pounds but always raises one of my best calves. Over the last 10 days she has gone from limping badly in the open field to having a hard time turning when pressured around the mineral feeder. Other cows are pushing and I don't want her injured more severly.

She is on rented pasture where I do not have a working headcatch/chute available. Late today it appeared her front shoulder might be dislocated. I have a lot of sore and swollen ankles due to hilly terrain and blowout holes along a creek but this is different with much swelling.

My plan is to catch her(if lucky) and her calf and move them to a pasture lot where they would be away from competition and abuse--give LA 300 hopefully to help with any swelling and hope it will return into place.

Is that just wishful thinking or have you had this problem and how did you deal with it?

Thanks for all help!

antibiotica aren;t called for, anyti-inflamitorys are. Repeated doses of aspirin or one of the injectables would be a help for her.

Latest posts