Buy?

• Sure

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hoser

Reaction score
There's people on here with good eyes so just judging by the picture and video, do ya'll think this guy would work well on older 1200-1400 lb black angus cows? I'd keep back the odd heifer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210320-193526_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210320-193526_Samsung Internet.jpg
    910.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20210320-194421_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210320-194421_Samsung Internet.jpg
    719.1 KB · Views: 26
Calving numbers would probably scare me off. I always try for breed average or better. What was his actual bw?

Like you said, you could get him and use him on a select number of bigger framed cows just to see how his first run of calves look. He's a nice looking young bull

I wouldn't be scared of it on 3rd calvers and up. It would be a good herd bull, but if your going for moderate framed replacement heifers maybe not so much.

I am not qualified to answer as I have a real dislike for Polled Hereford cattle. Just me......

Soemthing about pictures with straw darn near to their knee I don't like. I want to see their feet. But I am with gcreek on Polled Herefords.
I think alot of polled herds have come a long ways in the last decade. I decided to be patient and get another hereford bull next year anyways. Might be a horned since he'll be bred to pure angus anyways.

86lbs. That's the only holdup for me. I've been watching these Rocky sired calves for a couple of years and this is the only one I've seen with a negative CE.
If a mature 1200-1400 lb cow can't easily birth a 85-95lb calf, I don't want them. Based on the numbers, I wouldn't be worried about BW. I do agree with the others, I would want to see his feet. In the video, he does seem to move pretty decent.

Latest posts