Should I sell Him

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Every Year I save Two Steers back for beef for my family . I band them one I saved back last year I must not of counted to two . Would I be better to sell him or keep one that is about six months younger . Just a little concerned if leaving interacted will effect flavor of meat ?

Bovine Part Time":1q54updr said:
Should I keep him away from cows ? He thinks he is a bull, rides and try s to breed with his hardware out.
We missed one about 4 years ago, named him One Nut and ended up with a bred heifer. When the vet castrated the remaining nut (subsequently changing his name to No Nut) he confirmed they absolutely can effectively breed with only one. Either have him castrated or keep him away from the cows (and heifers!).

TCRanch":39iswkzk said:
Bovine Part Time":39iswkzk said:
Should I keep him away from cows ? He thinks he is a bull, rides and try s to breed with his hardware out.
We missed one about 4 years ago, named him One Nut and ended up with a bred heifer. When the vet castrated the remaining nut (subsequently changing his name to No Nut) he confirmed they absolutely can effectively breed with only one. Either have him castrated or keep him away from the cows (and heifers!).
Have seen this as well. One guy thought he was a steer and ran him with his heifers. Then he wondered why his heifers were not cycling for Ai. :roll:

Latest posts