Should I fire my book keeper?

Help Support CattleToday:

Although I am trying to place the violated principle in perspective, the $65 comes in handy in a recession. It could buy a loaf of bread, a tomato, one pack of bologni, and one head of lettuce. Plenty of food to eat for a half a day for one person. When I was in college, I would have been happy to receive a double decker bologni sandwich on toasted wheat bread on a Sunday evening.

HerefordSire":18qhc0v4 said:
Jogeephus":18qhc0v4 said:
HerefordSire":18qhc0v4 said:
What is the total dollar amount of the bottom line liability you are considering your decision on?

I don't fully understand your question. I don't have any liability with them other than the $65 they are penalizing me for not returning some forms which I did not receive. But its not the money it is the principal of the thing. Why can they not simply mail all the forms at one time like some of the other taxing agencies do? Is it to create jobs or just more paperwork?

If your total amount of financial liability is $65, this should allow you to place your thinking processes in line with the "principal" you seem distracted by. For example, if your liability was $10,000, the "principal" would likely be assigned a much higher priority in the grand scheme of things. Since we are talking about $65, you should be able to forget about this pretty quick after making appropriate minor adjustments and no major adjustments.

I agree, it is an insignificant amount of money and I can "fix it" quite easily. But when you consider the amount of blood that is leaking from me due to all their little snips and gashes it becomes quite a bit. Actually, all totalled this year it will be enough to buy a nice house. Or better yet, start a business which would employ more people who can then pay taxes. Frankly, I'm not driven much by money anymore. Now I work because I enjoy it but I don't enjoy having to deal with an unreasonable uncaring system that stands in the way of someone wanting to do right and prosper. Did you know that if you start a business today you are required to comply with laws and regulations that fill a 4000 page book? I guess, for me,this situation is similar to the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back and just occupying my mind as how I could use the system against itself gives a some solice. But again, I wouldn't do that. I wasn't raised that way. Heck, who knows, they may just waive the penalty cause she fully understood what I was talking about when I said I might just have to lay myself off. Kinda like paying someone for not working and fining those who do. I just don't understand this.

Jogeephus":34taescn said:
I agree, it is an insignificant amount of money and I can "fix it" quite easily. But when you consider the amount of blood that is leaking from me due to all their little snips and gashes it becomes quite a bit. Actually, all totalled this year it will be enough to buy a nice house. Or better yet, start a business which would employ more people who can then pay taxes. Frankly, I'm not driven much by money anymore. Now I work because I enjoy it but I don't enjoy having to deal with an unreasonable uncaring system that stands in the way of someone wanting to do right and prosper. Did you know that if you start a business today you are required to comply with laws and regulations that fill a 4000 page book? I guess, for me,this situation is similar to the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back and just occupying my mind as how I could use the system against itself gives a some solice. But again, I wouldn't do that. I wasn't raised that way. Heck, who knows, they may just waive the penalty cause she fully understood what I was talking about when I said I might just have to lay myself off. Kinda like paying someone for not working and fining those who do. I just don't understand this.

I was not aware of the paperwork involved in starting a business. When is the last time you took a vacation away?

HerefordSire":3q9qnsv9 said:
I was not aware of the paperwork involved in starting a business. When is the last time you took a vacation away?

Not paperwork but regulations and rules. Define vacation.

Jogeephus":27pwtkud said:
HerefordSire":27pwtkud said:

When you take a couple of thousand dollars with the family for at least a week traveling at least 500 miles one way.

HerefordSire":37ol2o8d said:
Jogeephus":37ol2o8d said:
HerefordSire":37ol2o8d said:

When you take a couple of thousand dollars with the family for at least a week traveling at least 500 miles one way.

Well I did that two summers ago but I was fulfilling an 80 year old lady's wish. Not family just a friend and an angel. I overheard her say that she always wanted to go on a cruise before she died. Talked the my wife about it and we agreed it was a good use of money as this lady deserved it. So we gave her the trip on her birthday. While I had to be a host to some extent and help her, I did find it enjoyable and rewarding to the soul. Maybe that counts.

Jogeephus":2qypx022 said:
Well I did that two summers ago but I was fulfilling an 80 year old lady's wish. Not family just a friend and an angel. I overheard her say that she always wanted to go on a cruise before she died. Talked the my wife about it and we agreed it was a good use of money as this lady deserved it. So we gave her the trip on her birthday. While I had to be a host to some extent and help her, I did find it enjoyable and rewarding to the soul. Maybe that counts.

I planted the seed. Let's see what happens now. I am not sure if you helped yourself more or less by helping the 80 year old lady, but I am leaning to the side you helped yourself more by helping her.

Heck Jo is always on vacation. He's got a beautifull farm and home. He's got some excellent deer and hog hunting, an up and coming catfish pond and he has a nice family, good tractors, nice big herd of cattle and a 4 wheel drive truck. Throw in the herd of Imbalancers and the fact that everybody in his town knows him by first name and you have a full-time vacation. :mrgreen:

The man is so relaxed I don't see how he stays awake long enough to work on the tree counting or the secret Imbalancer projects. The life of Rielly I say :tiphat:

Latest posts