Should I breed her or wait?

Help Support CattleToday:

Tod Dague

Reaction score
I am synchronizing my cows. I put in cyders and gave a shot of cystorelin yesterday and I have a heifer in heat this AM. Should I pull the cyder and breed her or just continue with the sync?

Tod Dague said:
I am synchronizing my cows. I put in cyders and gave a shot of cystorelin yesterday and I have a heifer in heat this AM. Should I pull the cyder and breed her or just continue with the sync?[/quote

I might be wrong on this, but not being as big of a fan of cidrs as I once was, if she was in standing heat I would breed her.

TSR":21vpheun said:
Tod Dague":21vpheun said:
I am synchronizing my cows. I put in cyders and gave a shot of cystorelin yesterday and I have a heifer in heat this AM. Should I pull the cyder and breed her or just continue with the sync?[/quote

I might be wrong on this, but not being as big of a fan of cidrs as I once was, if she was in standing heat I would breed her.
thanks for the advice. What don't you like about the cidrs?

Tod Dague":1jowjaou said:
TSR":1jowjaou said:
Tod Dague":1jowjaou said:

thanks for the advice. What don't you like about the cidrs?

The first time I used cidrs I thought they were the best thing since sliced bread but since that time I have had very little luck getting heifers in heat with cidrs. And I might add, I followed the protocol exactly. But I will probably give in and try them once more- maybe I got a bad batch of lutalyse or even cidrs. When I get ready to breed after pulling the cidrs I like to see some indication of estrus. There was none and I am even a lesser fan of timed ai but against my better judgement I bred the heifers and came up with 25% conception, certainly not acceptable and the cause of my dislike for cidrs at this point.