Should I be concerned?

Help Support CattleToday:

Cattlelow

Reaction score
My newest calf has something going on with his eyeball. When he cuts his eyes to the left, the right eyeball shows completely white like I'm looking at the back of his eyeball. Thanks for any information. I don't mind if I'm told I'm overreacting either.

Last edited:
Not a very good shot. Notice the white showing at the top of his eye. The second shot looks normal.

Attachments

• IMG_3092.jpg
    IMG_3092.jpg
    788.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_3096.jpg
    IMG_3096.jpg
    929.1 KB · Views: 22
It's hard to tell what's going on just from the picture, but it's probably not a big deal. Cattle can be cross-eyed just like people - it looks like her eye just pulls to the left. I saw a cow once that had it so bad in both eyes that she could only see directly in front of her. Other than that, it wasn't a problem.

It's hard to tell what's going on just from the picture, but it's probably not a big deal. Cattle can be cross-eyed just like people - it looks like her eye just pulls to the left. I saw a cow once that had it so bad in both eyes that she could only see directly in front of her. Other than that, it wasn't a problem.
She gets around fine. Just didn't want her eye detaching or something. Thank you!