Shots needed for pregnant heifers?

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

We have a Limousin bull and we hope he has gotten all of our heifers pregnant. We expect calves starting mid-July.<br>I have read here about a 5-in-1 shot that should be given to the heifers to increase the antibodies in the colostrum.<br>Are we already too late to ask the vet about this?<br>The calves should arrive starting in July and the last one could arrive in September.<p>Thanks for whatever information/advice you have.<br>This is our first herd; we started it in April.<br>
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

(User Above)":1snjk67n said:
:Hello. and thankyou for choossing to use a Limousin herd sire<br>I am A Limousin producer, and you still have lots of time to boost your cow herd<br>and I recomend using Cattle Master 4+VL5 it is a great product and safe for<br>pregnant cows and it will boosst your Lepto Vibrio to help prevent pregnancy loss<br>due to reproductive disease, you can do this yourself, it is a 5cc shot given IM<br>in the neck region preferably and is very easy, or you can have a vet do it, it just <br>costs more. Good luck with your herd, and I hope you like you Limi calves when they <br>hit the ground.
<br>

[email protected]

Are you thinking about Scourguard 3KC? This is a shot that boosts the antibodies in the mother's colostrum. Your heifers will need 2 injections of Scourguard. They have to be given at least 2 weeks apart, with the second injection no more than 3 weeks before the heifer calves.
<br>
<ul><li><a href="http://www.murraygrey.com">http://www.murraygrey.com</a></ul>

[email protected]

After the first year of using Scourguard, your heifers will only need one booster shot given no more than 3 weeks before calving. The series of two injections is only for the first year.
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":tgpzrwh3 said:
: We have a Limousin bull and we hope he has gotten all of our heifers pregnant. We expect calves starting mid-July.<br>: I have read here about a 5-in-1 shot that should be given to the heifers to increase the antibodies in the colostrum.<br>: Are we already too late to ask the vet about this?<br>: The calves should arrive starting in July and the last one could arrive in September.<p>: Thanks for whatever information/advice you have.<br>: This is our first herd; we started it in April.<p>Never hesitate to ask your vet anything! If<br>your drug is a live or modified live virus, <br>it could cause your heifers to abort! A <br>killed virus MIGHT not! Always ask your vet!<br>If you don't have a vet, find one that you're<br>comfortable with and use him/her! You'll be<br>money ahead and hopefully will miss a few<br>headaches!
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts