• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Shots needed for pregnant heifers?

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

We have a Limousin bull and we hope he has gotten all of our heifers pregnant. We expect calves starting mid-July.<br>I have read here about a 5-in-1 shot that should be given to the heifers to increase the antibodies in the colostrum.<br>Are we already too late to ask the vet about this?<br>The calves should arrive starting in July and the last one could arrive in September.<p>Thanks for whatever information/advice you have.<br>This is our first herd; we started it in April.<br>
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

OP
A

Anonymous

(User Above)":1snjk67n said:
:Hello. and thankyou for choossing to use a Limousin herd sire<br>I am A Limousin producer, and you still have lots of time to boost your cow herd<br>and I recomend using Cattle Master 4+VL5 it is a great product and safe for<br>pregnant cows and it will boosst your Lepto Vibrio to help prevent pregnancy loss<br>due to reproductive disease, you can do this yourself, it is a 5cc shot given IM<br>in the neck region preferably and is very easy, or you can have a vet do it, it just <br>costs more. Good luck with your herd, and I hope you like you Limi calves when they <br>hit the ground.
<br>

[email protected]

OP
A

Anonymous

Are you thinking about Scourguard 3KC? This is a shot that boosts the antibodies in the mother's colostrum. Your heifers will need 2 injections of Scourguard. They have to be given at least 2 weeks apart, with the second injection no more than 3 weeks before the heifer calves.
<br>
<ul><li><a href="http://www.murraygrey.com">http://www.murraygrey.com</a></ul>

[email protected]

OP
A

Anonymous

After the first year of using Scourguard, your heifers will only need one booster shot given no more than 3 weeks before calving. The series of two injections is only for the first year.
<br>

[email protected]

OP
A

Anonymous

(User Above)":tgpzrwh3 said:
: We have a Limousin bull and we hope he has gotten all of our heifers pregnant. We expect calves starting mid-July.<br>: I have read here about a 5-in-1 shot that should be given to the heifers to increase the antibodies in the colostrum.<br>: Are we already too late to ask the vet about this?<br>: The calves should arrive starting in July and the last one could arrive in September.<p>: Thanks for whatever information/advice you have.<br>: This is our first herd; we started it in April.<p>Never hesitate to ask your vet anything! If<br>your drug is a live or modified live virus, <br>it could cause your heifers to abort! A <br>killed virus MIGHT not! Always ask your vet!<br>If you don't have a vet, find one that you're<br>comfortable with and use him/her! You'll be<br>money ahead and hopefully will miss a few<br>headaches!
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts