SHORTHORNS

Help Support CattleToday:

M.Sarria

Reaction score
Any shorthorn breeders on board??If so why do you breed them for? Meat,milk,money,ect. :roll:

I use Shorthorn bulls on my commercial beef cattle. I'm just getting going with the registered purebred side and should have a few bulls for sale next year, god willing and the creeks don't rise. There are a few others around here that either breed Shorthorns for seedstock or use them in their commercial beef herds. I don't know of anyone on the list using Shorthorns for dairy. As for money, I think we all hope to make a little something at the end of the day :lol:

Rod

M.Sarria":14mpxlt1 said:
Any shorthorn breeders on board??If so why do you breed them for? Meat,milk,money,ect. :roll:

We use Shorthorns in our beef program. I like them since they add milk and docility to the herd, and the milk adds weight if you have the growth factors there. In the end, hopefully, more weight equals more money ;-)

we haev milking shortthorns here we cross them into our beef herd they make awesome mothers we also have alot that we milk we cureently have the top butter fat milking hsorrthorn at our farm now born and raised stud mother

Latest posts